Has anyone participated in Make a Difference Day?

make a difference day logo - logo for the day once a year many people across the US get together in their own communities to help people in some way.. Myspace has also gotten involved as well as USA today and I am sure others.
@Willowlady (10666)
3 million people have improved communities nationwide in the US. The next one is October 27, 2007! Any plans for that Saturday?
@miamilady (4924)
Who is sponsoring that event? I probably would not be able to participate, My Saturdays are usually booked, but I have always thought it would be nice to be involved in something like that. I've seen things about Habitat for Humanity and I've always thought that is a great cause.
@Willowlady (10666)
Go to that link and they have information. I think you get together and then contact them for paperwork or some such thing. I have not done this and had hoped to learn from others. Good luck with this.
@brendalee (6083)
I haven't heard of that before. Do they have a website where I can get ideas on what to do and how to get my community involved? I would love to have more info on this. I see that you posted this 7 months ago but hopefully you will still remember about it.
@Willowlady (10666)
http://www.usaweekend.com/diffday/index.html That site should help you. Thank you for finding the one discussion that had no responses. I hope this helps you and Susan since it is a way to help many people and this could only get better. I wish you both much luck in this and I like it when neighbors are concerned with each other to be able to help. Thanks so much for responding!!