Have a question about my cat....

@babs0818 (1191)
my kitty is about 8 mos old and not neutered (something,I dearly regret)...last week he started spraying in my house...that has to be the grossest smell ever...I let him go outside after that...he didn't come back for 2 days..so,I deceided not to let him back out...my feeling is,he will spray again,and really wants out..i am too scared to let him go..what if somebody takes him..cause,after he came back..he had no collar..and we believed somebody had snatched him,but he got away and came home..Maxi,my cat is very friendly and lovable.. Now my question...would he stop spraying..if I get him neutered..or is it too late for that??? any advise???
@sedel1027 (17854)
I have heard that once a cat sprays it is too late to get him neutered. Both my male and female cat were spayed/neutered when I got them. I would take your cat to his vet and see what they vet says. Since your cat is still very young, there may still be time.
@babs0818 (1191)
thank you for your opinion...I will take him to vet soon...maybe there is still some hope