What makes you happy?

@silkkat (231)
What makes you happy in life? Is it friends? Family? Money? Writing? Reading? Finding your true love? My kids have made me the happiest. I couldn't imagine life without them.
Excellent question! Many things at different time can bring me intense joy... A good example of a "double-edged sword" is that I love a healthy debate... unless I'm tired in which case, it annoys me... Chocolate, for another example... Great! ...but you can overdose and sometimes if you're stomach's unwell, it's the LAST thing you want... but when you do, BOY HOWDY! Fall colours, great! Raking leaves sucks. A weird one for me, as a city-dweller, is the smell of diesel exhaust... it reminds me of "home", but in large quantities or when I am home, UGH! (...and a headache!) You mentioned your kids... I have step-kids and yes, they too bring me great joy... and tremendous pain too. What's the old saying? Every ounce of pleasure is paid for with a pound of pain!
• Austria
Im always happy when i have money and my career is doing nice. Im just practical and honest. If we dont have money, its hard to move and support yourself and your family,.. and its hard to be happy... :-)
@silkkat (231)
I agree. I believe that money can certainly help you be happy. As long as it's not the basis of your happiness.
@abhiroop85 (2828)
• Scottsdale, Arizona
there are many things i do,i see,i feel,but when i get something out of it,basically what i was expecting out it,comes out,it feels gr8