Does your family celebrate with stockings at Christmas?

Christmas Stockings - stockings
I was amazed at how many families don't do stockings for the Christmas holiday. My ex husband's family never did them. I was wondering how many people here have Christmas stockings. It's truly our favorite part of Christmas morning!
@MakDomMom (1475)
We do Christmas stockings. Santa fills them for us! When I was growing up there would always be so much stuff in my stocking! Toys, candy, gum, books, everything under the sun it seamed!!! I am an only child so I probably got a bit spoiled in that area too!!!
You're not spoiled, you're well loved! Stockings are and always will be our favorite!
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the stockings. When my kids were little they would get up before me and go downstairs to peek at the presents. They were so excited. I would let them open their stockings before I came down. That was from Santa and they knew it. Inside the stockings breakfast bars, candy (not too much), packets of hot chocolate, small juice boxes, little toys, etc. I would wrap each item that went in the stocking. This enhanced the thrill for them. It also allowe me 15-30 minutes more sleep. We still do the stockings. Now they are filled with gadgets for the house. I still put in hot chocolate and breakfast bars, and I still wrap everything that goes in them.
Oddly enough I never thought of breakfast bars! lol That's a great way to have something for them to nibble on while you open gifts! Thanks!
@kgwat70 (13398)
My family still does stockings for christmas. It is still a tradition in my family. It is just as fun as opening the larger gifts. We also go to church together and have a nice meal together with christmas music.
I agree. The stockings are usually even more fun for us because somehow Santa always finds some unique things to tuck in there!