Paying for other people's dinner...

South Africa
Have you ever experienced this? You go out for dinner with a group of people, everyone enjoys the food and meeting new people, but when the bill comes and everyone paid for their own food, but the money is short! And you cannot pinpoint the culprit?
@pusibaba (1010)
yes i have experienced exactly not like this i along with my father went to the restaurant with the other families ... when the bill came my father was asked to pay the bill because we had brought the new car
• South Africa
Wow thats even worse than just keeping quiet and thinking that no one will notice that you haven't paid. Is this perhaps a custom in your country? If this was me, I will never take my family to a restaurant again!
@loved1 (5338)
I have never experienced this. I guess it would be a good idea to ask for seperate checks next time.
• South Africa
Your are lucky, I've experienced this a few times now...and usually I pay the extra money, especially if I arranged the dinner.