What is the average age for boys to be fully potty trained?

@nextgen (1888)
my nephew will be 3 and a half next month and i have made absolutely no progress in potty training, what is the usual age they are fully potty trained at?
@amiksinha (1961)
well he just needs to get used to it........just keep reminding him to go to the bathroom because when he's playing he might forget. dont give him diapers anymore at all nomatter what. accidents will happen until around 5 years old and occasional accidents during 6 and 7 after that you should be fine. if not seek a doctor. good luck.
@mcmomss (2601)
both my boys were potty trained around 2-21/2. But I work at a day care and we have children 3-5 that aren't fully trained yet. It depends on the child and how much effort the adults are putting into it. By 31/2 he should be at least showing some sign of interest in it.
@Sweety76 (1596)
well I guess 2-3 but is every ones physiology and emotional readiness. I just have a panflet in front of me abt as my son is 18mo so I would type some of the info that might help u: -Show him the potty and tell him what it is 4 -tell him to tell u when he needs to go -take him to the potty when he tells u he has to go -stay with him while he seats on the potty -dont make him sit on the potty if he doesn't want to even if he doesnt go in the potty, tell him u are proud of him, Let him know he can try again later. -empty dirty diapers into the potty or toilet, this may help him understand what he is supposed to do. and remember.... -Do not try to toilet train if he is upset -accidents are common until abt 5 years. Do not punish, shame or blame him -Children can control their BM before they can control their urine -children learn to stay dry during the day b4 they learn to stay dry at night -A child who is already trained may start having accidents if gets upset, this sometimes happens when there is a new baby, just tell him that u understand him. Good luck! ?