moms

im a stay at home mom and am literally stay with my kids 24-7 but everyone else i know does not have their kids much.the grandparents have them more than the parents do.is this wrong?or am i just strange?i hate being away from my kids and do not understand why people dont take care of their kids instead of partying.what is your opion on this?
@Jshean20 (14373)
I don't think it's right for children to be spending more time with their grandparents than with their own parents, this would be confusing for the children I would think. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great for kids to spend a lot of quality time with their grandparents, but certainly not more so than their own parents.
@dhicks30 (1948)
I'm like you I'm home with my kid 24/7. Not very often does someone else have my kid even her father. She is mostly with me. I feel that is what you had kids for, to be with them,not give them to someone else. Don't get me wrong I think everyone should get a break every now and then.
@emarie (5454)
its not strange, both sides are perfectly normal. parent who decide to work or continue school decide to leave their kids with reletives..that actually smarter then paying for day care. i babysit my nephew because my sister has a job and carrer, she had it before the child and is continuing it...luckily i'm a sahm and i'm able to help her out. now parents who leave their children with family ALL THE TIME just to go out and have fun...thats a little irrisponsible, i know someone who left the state and left her daughter with the grandmother....she hasn't seen her in about 3 years, not the mother is married (to an ex con) and just gave birth to another baby. she left to get a job and establish herself, instead, she barely talks to her daughter and hardly remembers to call for her birthday. these kind of people should grow up and understand that you are responsible for another life, not your family...i go out maybe once a month with my husband and the most we can do is a movie and dinner...
@medooley (1874)
I commend you for staying with your children. You and their father are the most important influences in their life and for you wanting to be around to help develop their morals is outstanding! You should be proud of what you are doing... we need more moms like you!
@deebomb (15323)
I admire you for wanting to be home with your kids. When I was raising my kids (4 of Them under 5)Just about the only time I was away from them was when I went to the hospita to have another one, You really should get away from them some. at least a couple of hours week for their sake as well as your own.