When to bid?

Is it better to bid on an item Early Or Later on when the Auction is almost over?
@katprice (807)
I always wait until the tail-end of the auction to bid and that has served me well. I'll place a couple of bids right near the end of the auction just to make sure the item is mine. Bidders with low feedback who bid frequently in the beginning really irritate me because they are needlessly raising the price, and you can see that they are clearly not interested in winning the item. Sniping is something I have tried once, and it did not work. I have not tried it since then but I think I'll give it another try soon just to see.
Is It Illegal? You cant get in trouble for that can you? sometimes i just feel its better to do abuy now on an item.
@katprice (807)
I'm not sure if it's against eBay's rules for those with very low feedback to bid and inflate the prices of items. I sure see it happening a lot on eBay.
@Pigglies (9339)
It's much better to bid later. If you bid early in the auction, you are just raising the price of the item. If you bid later in the auction, you'll actually be able to get the item unless someone else has sniping software. I tend to bid in the last 3 minutes of the auction if possible. But I don't have sniping software to be able to realistically join in the bidding war later than that.
@padewy (129)
Whats sniping software? What does it do?
@Pigglies (9339)
Sniping software allows people to place bids in the last 3 seconds of the auction without actually sitting at their computer. It bids for you at the time you ask it to with the amount you want it to. I like getting things the old fashioned way. Otherwise I'd have way too much stuff!
It's best to snipe it near the end. Bid as close to the end as you can. You may get the best deal that way!
@Profiss (220)
• Poland
yes, that's true
it is better to act in the last.....because more chances of winning
@luko4me (131)
As a former seller on e-bay, I found that the people who bid at the end of the auction were the ones that won the auction. When I buy, I watch the item and then at the end, I decide if I want to bid.
@vikranth (179)
early
@kpisgod (994)
It is better to bid at the end.Uwill get softwares todoit perfectly as it is very difficult to do manually.To strike at the perfect time
@yorb24 (2181)
It's better to bid right before it ends if you can access the internet then. Usually you will get last minute bidders. Doesn't matter if you bid early on, it's the last person who bids that will win the item.
later thats what i do right as it's about to end heh
@rice5899 (193)
the best time is to definitely bid right before the item is going to end, that is what most people wait for.
@kareng (7980)
It's best to bid as close to the end of the bid as possible. All the early bids just run the price up. Bid late and hope you don't have competition!
I like to bid at the last 40 seconds of the auction. Close to the wire as possible. it seems best this way!
@JashleyB (1441)
I always bid right before it ends if the price is still resonable. I found it's better that way because people try and outbid each other all the time so if you just sneak up and make the last bid you win! I have waited a few seconds to long though lol. So be careful. Do it 1 min-30 sec before it ends (depending on computer cnnection). Good luck! :D
Later on! If you bid early, it will just jack the price up, and other people have the chance to outbid you and win the item. If you wait, the price may be lower and you can get a better deal.
@gewcew23 (8011)
Dallas Cowboys mug - I sell these on ebay too.
I always put it on my watch list because that way I can bid on it right before the auction ends. I have found if you bid early then someone else always out bids you. I wait until like the last minute to bid if I can so that way if I really want it I can get it. I also put in my highest bid at that time that I am willing to pay because if I don't then I will spend way to much.
i was bidding on a game on ebay and it got to about 5.50. I realized why should keep bidding this when i KNOW ihave seen other exact games with a LOWER buy it now price. so i let the other bidder have and went a bought it for a lower price thru buy it now. so it really depends on how much time it left, how rare the item and how much you want to pay. Sometimes its better to actually bid and sometimes buy it now is better. im an impatient person and use buy it now alot.
Of course it is always best to bid right before the auction is up so as not to get the price up higher by bidding early, but if you are unable to make the time when the auction will be bid you should place a proxy bid (a higher bid) so that you will win your item