Have a will? what would happen to your children if something happend to you?

a lot of us dont like to think about it.. but what if something DID happen to you? is your family protected? what if you and your spouse god forbid went together? who would you choose to raise your children? why them?
@rainbow (6763)
that's quite a scarey thought. If something happended to me then would Bongs biological father suddenly want to know him because of the bungalow? If something happened to both of us I have no idea who would look after the boys, my dad probably but he's 62 and disabled so my step-mum would have her hands full. Shreks parents wouldn't be fit enought to do it full time. We both have enough insurance to cover the mortgage but that's all that we've sorted out. We do occasionally talk about it but have never got around to sorting it out.
@wmaharper (2316)
No, we haven't made a will yet, it is something that I have mentioned to my hubby, but we don't know who we would pick to raise our kids.. but it is def. irresponsible not to, and I think we need to decide soon, because If something were to happen, I would hate for our children to be caught in some custody battle!
This is a sad topic but one that all families need to face. People I think try to avoid the inevitable end of life by putting off such tasks. I know that has been my excuse. I just don't like to think about the end. Maybe I will be able to do it soon. thanks for the reminder.
@cjsmom (1423)
kitty, I love your discussions. That's what I'm concerned about myself. I've asked my husband what would happen if, God forbid, something happened to him. How would CJ and I go on; what do we need to do to assure we'd be all right? He agrees but as of yet hasn't done anything or looked into exactly what we need. It's really scary for me right now; I'm going to have to talk with him again soon about it. And, if we both go, what will happen to CJ? Oh, I don't even want to think about that but I must. His grandparents are getting too old; the only alternative would be to have one of his brothers take care of him. The one brother has 3 young boys of his own, which would be ideal. But would they be able to deal with CJ's Autism; or even want to for that matter. Thank you for starting this discussion and reminding me that we need to get this settled now.