Rose McGowan or Shannen Doherty

By Raz
@razcal2267 (15577)
Which character did you like better Paige Matthews or Prudence 'Prue' Halliwell and why?
I do NOT like Shannen Doherty as a person. However, I really liked her Prue. Paige was just a little too wild, a little too whiney...I just didn't like the character. Prue added a dark and brooding element to the sisters that I really missed after Doherty left. At the same time, given the stories I have heard regarding Doherty's exit...it sounds like it was best for the show. She apparently is not a very nice person and has some real anger management issues. Very sad, because I think she is a really good actress.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Thank you for your comments. I am actually glad to hear that someone likes the character Prue.
@manodogs (415)
I agree. I think Doherty a much better actress than McGowan and I kinda liked the character of Prue (as the motherly, bossy type), but Paige fit better with the show.
• El Salvador
I prefered Paige over Prue. I think I just find Shannon Doherty to be a little bit annoying, so I didn't like her character as much. Charmed is an awesome show though. I'm hoping to get the Box set of all the seasons on DVD for Christmas this year!
@razcal2267 (15577)
I feel the same way. Sometimes I do not like the character because of who the actor is and this is one of those times. I have always found Shannon Doherty to be annoying even when she was in Little House on the Prairie.
@manodogs (415)
Not like I know Shannen Doherty personally or anything, but she's always come across to me much the same way. I think she's a better actress than McGowan, but I kinda liked Paige better (as a character).
@beckyomg1 (6761)
actually it is on right now, and i like rose better, i think she added more to the storyline.
@razcal2267 (15577)
It is on here also. I said liked because the show is over even if I am still hooked in the reruns
• El Salvador
I'm hooked on the reruns too. I watched the first season when It was new, but then I kind of got out of watching it, so when I started watching the reruns, it was great because I hadn't even seen them yet!
Definately Prue. I like both characters but i think Prue's darker element provided a balance for Piper and Phoebe's softer side. Paige seemed too cutesy in the first few episodes she appeared in; the lollipop thing just annoyed me.
@samsonskola (3357)
i liked Paige the best of the two...i think she had so much more to deal with as far as being raised by adoptive parents and then having to deal with the issues of finding out she was a witch...and with all of sudden having sisters she never knew she had..she struggled with wanting to be the best she could be, and still try to maintain her identity ...i really miss that show
@razcal2267 (15577)
I do not miss it at all I can watch up to 4 reruns of it a day and on Monday it runs for 5 hours straight.
I liked Rose McGowan but I liked her even when she was in Scream. Even though the garage door did kill her...LOL I didn't mind Prue but I just thought Paige was so much more fun.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I agree. Paige was more fun to me Prue was just too serious all the time.
i like the character prue than paige. i think paige is a bit wild and her voice is sometimes annoying...
i like phoebe the best! i even named my daughter after her.
i like prue, but i think paige's character give's more color to the story line. and paige's being half white lighter is so cool.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Thank yuo for sharing you opinion
@emarie (5455)
why does everywhere i go there;s always a prue and paige commarison...personally, i liked the episodes with paige in them...thats mostly when i started watching, although the episodes with prue are good, i do also like how the storyline progressed with paige's character.
@razcal2267 (15577)
I do not know why everywhere you go people are comparing the two
@emeraldisle (13158)
Prue wasn't bad but I think Paige was far better. She had more character. She added a lot to the show. Prue to me just seemed to bossy and cranky (using a nice word). When she was turned into the dog I thought it was great casting :) It just fit her character. Paige on the other hand seemed to make them more complete and a unit instead of 3 sisters always at opposite views.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Very well stated views on the sisters :) Thank you for your input
@kstanley7 (1172)
Definatly Paige Matthews, over Prue, the thing with prue is that she was too uptight, "we have to do this, we have to do that, no don't do that!" Paige on the otherhand however was always experimenting, Take the time when paige tried to destroy cole when he was the source, by creating a potion that allowed her to enter his body and explode. Besides, half white lighter half witch is definatly better than just a witch.
@razcal2267 (15577)
You are right she may not have had the power that Prue had but it was made up for because she was half white lighter half witch
I think I like paige better. Prue was to bossy on the show and I never have liked shannon doherty. Paige fit in better with the other two sisters. I don't what charmed anymore because they always did reruns. When the new shows started it was on the same time as something else I watched.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Thank you for your response
@ljgitch (22)
I have to agree with most everyone else. Paige is a more likeable charachter as far as personality. Although I still enjoy watching the ones with Pru in them as well.
@Trace86 (5043)
I liked Paige better because she was more fun. Rose brought more range to the role than Shannen. It seemed like Shannen's Prue only had one tone of voice and one facial expression. Rose's Paige was very animated and exciting. It might have been interesting to see all four girls together to see how they would interact.
@kastor07 (15)
i think prue is better than paige. Her leadership can be unite the three sisters.
@cretsiah (19)
i liked prue better, out of these 2,prue was strong, a leader level headed most of the time. but for looks out of these 2 i prefer paige, but out of all i like piper the most, she portrays her insecurities really well and really hits the average persons ideals
@Kalachia (231)
Paige had a cooler power, the white lighter side of her that is, but I think Prue was a better Charmed One. I think I'm just biased cause I like the first few seasons better.
I like Paige better. Her powers are cooler. She puts her white lighter and witch powers together perfectly. Besides, Pru was bossy and annoying. Although, her last episode was cool, the way she just threw people outta the way with her power.
@arwenrey (316)
I like Prue Halliwell because she has a strong character as the eldest she is the leader among the sisters and posses strongest powers. Shannen Doherty carries herself well as Prue Halliwell. While the role of Rose McGowan as Paige Matthews is submissive being the youngest of the sisters. She projected a pretty face and a pearly white skin which best fits her as a fiary rather than a powerful witch.
I really liked Paige but I got to watch her on the show longer. I didn't mind Prue though. Both characters brought something different to the show and even when the show changed characters from Prue to Paige, the show STILL stayed good, thank goodess.