lullabies

Do you or did you ever sing/hum lullabies to your kids to help them go to sleep? Which ones? Did they help? With my son I did sing to him alot, he had to hear me talking or singing before he could fall asleep until he was 6 months old. Im beginning to try lullabies with my daughter because she fighhts sleep horribly.
@loved1 (5338)
My father is the king of singing little children to sleep. I can remember being about 4 years old and he would sing every song from My Darling Clementine to the Marine Corps Hymn. I don't think it matters what you sing, just that you sing something. I firmly believe music soothes the savage beast.
thanks for your response, was your father a marine? Did your father succeed in getting you to sleep? I think that music is really soothing/calming too, Im considering getting a little cd player to put beside her crib to play classical music, but i dont know if there is a connection between a parents voice and soothing an infant or just the music itself. I know on some level its the parents voice, but if lullabies wor then ill try it.
@ru88en (2998)
yes, I sing lullabies on my only kid like "for gd so love the world".
thanks, I like that one too
@vikceo (1301)
nope never
i think singing lullabies song could help him go to sleep. i usually do that with my son when he was little, and it does help... i guess it releases soothing effect to the child, it makes him feel more secure that mommy is just around looking after him...
@emarie (5455)
i do sometimes. when they stay quiet. sometimes my younger son wants me to sing something. sometimes it works and then i sing it once and he tells me thats enough. they more like me lying down with them and holding them to fall asleep. i normally don't sing lullabies, but i sing things from musicals...my kids like them...they used to request a certian song almost every nap time.
i don't, because our son goes to sleep by himself(hes 1) but we sig songs, etc when hes awake & we're playing.
@win0120ph (135)
how sweet! how i wish you can a mother of my children!