If I could...

Halloween 2005 - This is a really bad picture of me on Halloween 2005.  I was still asleep.
If I could I would dress in medevial/reniessance clothing all the time - I so would.
@MySpot (2602)
I like those times but no corsets for me.... Ooowww!!! (just thinking about being squished and squeezed into one)
Yeah maybe we could bypass the corsets...
@SaraCate (184)
ACtually, an Elizabethan corset is one of the most comfortable garments you can wear *if* it's made properly and fitted to you. ~Sara
Don't got one of those...I just might have to look into that.
Ahh the days of olde!!! I would love to do that, but being as i am still a bit of a tomboy i would want my own sword!! I went to a Ren. Fair a few years ago and i was sooo let down, i really wanted it to be all about the dress and food and i wanted people to be talking with the old accents and everything and it was basically just a freaking flea market with a few people dressed up. Talk about a letdown!!!
WOW that would be a let down! Where was the fair? I want to make sure that I don't want to go. I think it would be cool to have a sword too. Have you ever went to a medieval resturant? I haven't but I so want to go.
No i have never been to a midevil resturant but that would be soooo awesome!! "Would me lady be liking a cup o mead?" Oh yeah i could get into that, lol!!!
@nancyrowina (3852)
I love the clothes from this period too but it must have been awkward fr women who had to cook and clean wearing such long dresses all the time. I have some tops with the wide sleeves and they do get in the way sometimes.
LOL - that's a really great point!
@bowtieguy (5931)
I am not really inot costumes that much, I prefer a nice suit and tie.
I guess that is why you choose your name LOL.
@SaraCate (184)
Have any of you heard of the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA)? It sounds like some of you would have fun there. In some areas, the SCA *runs* some of the Renn. Fairs! :) Folks involved with the SCA get together - depending on where you live, there may me opportunities most weekend and even weeknights - and learn about medieval/Renaissance history, pracitce hostoric crafts, engage in period martial arts, etc. It's technically an educational organization, but practically speaking, it's as much a social group as anything. You don't always dress up - that's usually just at big events on the weekends. But there are local groups all over the US/Canada, Australia, and Europe. Here's a lonk so you can learn more: www.sca.org (You can also track down the local groups here. :) ~Sara
Thanks!
@thekiwi (588)
same here! I think medevial/renissance was such an awesome time!!! I wish someone would hurry and build a time machine!
Me too! We should get to work on that!
Oh, I'm absolutely with you! I'd LOVE to dress this way all the time! ... Okay, with maybe the exception of very hot summer days. But other than that, it would be awesome! Unfortunately, medieval dress is so expensive, not only to buy but to make yourself. *sigh* I guess I will content myself with dreaming. :) Thanks for a fun topic! ~Wyrdsister
Yes most of it is very expensive. Could you imagine what all those 'fashion' people would say if we all got together and started dressing like this all the time! It would be a riot!!
i would too. I always wish that I lived back then. I loved the way they dressed and it wasnt uncommon to have alot of kids and respected women.
And you worked for what you had. It was a more simple life back then in the basic ways anyway. I'm all for respecting women!!
@emeraldisle (13158)
Oh I'd love to have that type of clothing and to wear it all the time. Might not be practicle when driving a car but other then that I'd love to have them. They have such an elegance about them, even the most simple and plain ones.
@Duvessa (914)
Ohh I love Renn attire as well! It's so romantic! I wouldn't dress that way all the time but for going out to clubs oh yes, for awhile, till I had to switch it up & go the lollita sexy goth thing again, lol or the plain non dressed up gothy girl.