Is there any hope for the Pirates next year?

And what did they do to poor Zach Duke. In 2005 he was terrific. I heard that they were trying to make him better in spring training, but obviously they did something wrong cus he wasn't so hot in 2006
I don't watch baseball really. I live in Pittsburgh and don't even root for the Pirates. I know it's sad but we have such a bad team it's really quite a shame.
Yes, it hasn't been a really good team for a bunch of years. I think 1979 was the last time they won the world series.
no but definitely the cubs are gonna make a run next year. all the off season acquisitions that they've made to better their line up and pitching staff will definitely make them a contender. go cubs.
Good luck with that. The cubs just like to tease their fans, I think... LOL
Unfortunately this Pirate team is not a winning one. If you are a true Pittsburgher, you will stick by your team and not turn your back!
Well, I have stuck by my team all these years. Although I lived in Tucson AZ when the Diamondbacks were formed. So I followed them closely for a few years. Unfortunately they have self-destructed. SIGH!
@vipul20044 (5800)
if zach duke manages to come back to his old form then probably pirates may have a chance to get the winning streak else seeing the current scenario i dont think so they will make a lead
I sure hope that he gets himself back to his old self. Hopefully during this offseason he'll have people helping him.
@shirgie (231)
Of course there is always hope. Although I root for the pirates when they play, I must be out of the loop. I haven't even heard of Zach Duke. Come to think about it, baseball was pretty much missing from my life this year.
aw, that is sad. I love baseball. Well in 2005 Zach Duke was their star pitcher. In 2006 he wasn't. It was very sad. I read online somewhere that the pitching staff had been trying to help him, but he never got any better. I hope in the offseason he gets back to his old self.