puffy japan

@shmeedia (1045)
puffy from japan, or puffiamiyumi as they're known in north america...anybody like this band? i spent years not wanting to listen to their music thinking it was cheesey, but somehow i got turned around very suddenly, and i just love them. they have quite a range of styles, from ska, to pop to swing-rock... i just love their harmonies. sometimes sounding like a female beatles in that respect. my favorite CD of their's is nICE. the songs go from punchy anthemy rock to slow sentimental beatles pop to fun, happy jumpy ditties! it's hard for me to pick a favorite song on that CD. i also really love their covers cd even those are not their own compositions. some of you might know them only by the cartoon 'hi hi puffy ami yumi' which i really love too. very cute and funny with japanese in-jokes every now and then.
@danoneism (680)
i've heard bout them.. but i haven't listen to they song.. they hav their own tv-show in japan.. its pretty fun.. try to download it...
@shmeedia (1045)
yeah i love the show! :) it's really cute and kazu always has something funny to say!
@misskatonic (3730)
Hmm, I haven't heard any Puffy, but I may look into them. I love Japanese music, mostly J-Rock. Orange Range is my favorite band. I'm into Lunar Sea, too. I know most people are ga-ga over Gackt, but I really don't like his music very much. He's very, very pretty to look at - or was - but his music just doesn't do anything for me.
@shmeedia (1045)
true gackt is pretty, but i too am not into any of his stuff. puffy also did the theme song for the cartoon 'teen titans'. i forgot to mention that ;) some of puffy's songs may be a bit too sugary for you, but they do have some heavier rock stuff as well. if you get a chance to hear their stuff, let me know what you think!
J-pop is so lively and cheerful, I often dance around the house 'vacuuming' or dusting, with Morning Musume on the CD player!
@shmeedia (1045)
adrenochrome, i thought i was reading a post made by myself because i remember once telling a friend that i'd spent the afternoon cleaning the house while dancing around to morning musume!!! lmao...i guess i'm not the only one then :)