Cleaning

@nannacroc (4049)
Do you have any good cleaning tips using household items? An example is to use salt in cold water to remove blood stains from garments.
I told you mine on another thread. Vinegar, Baking Soda and peroxide is a good one for blood stains and other stains on fabrics.
@nannacroc (4049)
Thanks for your tips, I don't think my boss would like the natural cleaners but once I convince her peroxide is a bleach she will perhaps let me use it.
@dorypanda (1584)
Bicarbonate of soda and vinegar mixed together and put down the sink then put boiling water down it too, that unblocks the drain. Vinegar is a good odour neutraliser, I use that on my chopping board if I've been chopping garlic or onions, I think it's a disinfectant too.
@nannacroc (4049)
I didn't know about the odour neutralising properties of vinegar but I know it has a lot of uses in cleaning.
@JoyfulOne (6243)
My favorite cleaning hint is to use liquid automatic dishwashing detergent in water for cleaning windows and such. You take a squirt of the detergent and add it to a quarter to half a pail of warm water. I used to always buy Windex, and a slew of other cleaners until I started cleaning with this. I found it's good for cleaning anything glass, mirrors, knick-knacks, metal objects, and cleaning my computer keyboard, etc. I find this works at least 10 times better than anything I've ever purchased, and by using only a little squirt, one bottle lasts more than a years worth of cleanings! All my friends now do it this way, and we all agree it saves a bundle on cleaning supplies. I don't waste my money on other products anymore. What's really nice about it is that due to the 'sheeting' action, anything you wash doesn't get those streaks or spots. My ex husband was a 3 pack a day smoker, if you've lived with one then you know how hard it is to get the nicotine film off of everything. This stuff makes it a breeze, and you don't even have to scrub to get it off. (Try it on your car windows if you have a smoker that smokes while driving!) Another thing I use the automatic dishwasher detergent for is when I clean my white curtains. My white bathroom curtains get yellowed from the steam in the bathroom, and they're made out of a polyesther blend (which means no bleach.) I presoak them in the kitchen sink with a couple of squirts of it in warm water, then wash in the washer, and they always come out looking like new.
@nannacroc (4049)
I've never tried this but it sounds like you save lots of money by just using this. Maybe it's worth a try, than you.
@_Greeneye_ (1526)
no i dont have any