Punishing Children: Spanking VS. Time out.

When you where A kid, did you recive a spanking or a time out for punishment? Which do you think is better for discipline children?
@imlex1 (116)
well to be honest,,we got a beating whether we were naughty or not so it made no difference,,i actually think he enjoyed the power over a 8 yr and a 5 yr old,,oh and the mum too. i never lay a finger on my own and see no point when words are,quite simply,a convenient way to express displeasure when children need a firm approach.there is no need for parents to lose their temper so much that the only emotion they have left is anger,,once you go there it is hard to come back as in a way,,it works,,the parent gets a quiet,obedient child who ends up full of disrespect and even hatred for the parent later on in life .wheres the fun in that eh..
@jolamama (92)
I think time out works better. In my opinion if you hit a kid they might start to think that hitting is ok.
@Aali311 (6127)
When I was a kid, I didn't get either. My mom was always working so my grandma would just yell at us. But now that I'm a parent I believe in time out.