Something that would be great for mylot- an ignore button

@Metallion (2229)
This would work so you could select people and not have their discussions show up on the lists for you when you view them such as new discussions and top discussions. I have recently seen someone just posting like 10-15 questions about "who invented this" "who invented that", you know, questions that could be answered with a simple google search which aren't discussions. I'd like to have an option to hit a button so his discussions didn't appear because he is flooding the system with them. What do you all think of that? Do you think that would be a good thing for mylot to have?
Yeah that would be a good idea! I have seen alot by that guy also Where were the olmpics held in 1908, etc... It is really annoying.
@Metallion (2229)
yes, just make sure you don't respond to any of his discussions, then he won't get credit.
@deeeky (3668)
• Edinburgh, Scotland
You have given us all an idea about our own push button, well done! If we don't answer, the discussion dose'nt start and no funds will be created. It's up to us to keep the genuine ones going. Happy festive season to all.
@katcarneo (1433)
i absolutely agree with you. i just noticed there are so many users who would just copy and paste somewhere just so they could earn points.
@Metallion (2229)
unfortunately I'm not sure how they can do it, unless they delete members that copy and paste when they are caught, that will make people pay attention to the rules. How many would be stupid enought to copy and paste when they realize all their earnings and account would dissapear if caught? Mylot should do that.
@14missy (3185)
I definately agree with you. I have answered a couple of silly discussions recently and found that my points went down. I think thats why it happened anyway. It is getting more difficult to scan for good discussions now. I usually just go to my friends lists and hope they have something good to say. By doing this and responding to my own discussions, the time here goes veyr quickly anyway.
@Metallion (2229)
Yeah, I've posted in some of them asking them to expand or make it more "reply-worthy", I figure it's either the original poster giving me a negative for ruining their fun, or mylot giving a negative for responding to a useless thread.
@Idlewild (6094)
My new pet peeve on Mylot is someone who reponds 'I don't know' to posts asking for answers to historical and cultural questions. What is the point of posting such a thing? This person is earning points, but my impression is that users will not get $$ for giving answers like that, and some of the points may be taken away. I guess the person asking the question gets $$ for getting comments...or does Mylot not count short responses for the originator either?
@Metallion (2229)
I think they have stopped counting those, at least I hope they have. Those responses are clearly violating the rules.
@estherlou (5017)
you could also rate his discussion as negative. I did that to a couple I found that I thought were offensive, and after that, they disappeared.
@Metallion (2229)
If they are offensive I use the ! sign, if they are just stupid I'll use the - sign or sometimes report them with !
@Idlewild (6094)
That would be interesting to see, some kind of filter. In the meantime, I search for topics I'm interested in or choose the option 'discussions in my interests' or whatever it's called. That works for me, unless I put Coke or Pepsi among my interests. ;-)
@Metallion (2229)
LOL, yeah, I think they have started deducting points if you respond to worthless discussions now so that will penalize the responders to so hopefully they won't get any replies.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
I know how you feel sometimes I have to search for a discussion that won't be deleted or my points tooken away for answering the stupid ones. It takes longer to to find one. I think that is what they put the +-! signs up there for so if we don't think it is worth being up there I guess enough minus - signs would get it deleted fast.
@Metallion (2229)
Yeah, I've resorted to that method for now until they have a better one.
@greengal (4286)
I totally agree with you..it's not fair that such topics are used for discussion. There are a lot many others too who copy and paste stuff from off the net, it's not even genuine!! I sure hope myLot comes up with an option like u suggested.
@Metallion (2229)
Yes, the copy and pasters are out of control. I blame the guy who started it by copying and pasting AP sports articles and never added anything to his posts except the copyrighted material, I'm pretty sure what he was doing was illegal.
@Cortney (3982)
I think it would be nice for them to put some type of mark or something next to the ones that we ahve already responded to. I have gone into a few thinking I didn't post there.. and then found that I had already.
@Metallion (2229)
That is a very good idea as well, especially when they get to be over 5 pages, takes awhile to search to see if you had already responded.
@Brooke3 (614)
I think that's a great idea. It would be nice to block all those people who start stupid threads.
@Metallion (2229)
Yeah, hopefully mylot will read this and consider it. Not sure it would be something in their best interest though, not sure how they would view it.
@magikrose (5423)
That would even work for those members who like to leave 1-4 word responses too, or decide to respond about something other than what the topic really is. That drives me nuts.
@teenal (970)
HAve to agree here. Great idea. I too am sick of wading through the crap to get to the interesting stuff.
@Metallion (2229)
I agree, especially when it's like the guy above who is just posting crap to drive everyone else's discussions off the list so there is only his to respond to on the new discussions.
it would be a good thing to have on here.alot of discussions on here are lame but somehow they make it top discussions which i really do not understand how.your suppose to post good discussions on here that interest people not lame and annoying ones.
@Metallion (2229)
yeah, I wouldn't put it on ignore if it was just one that was lame, but if the same person keeps doing it then I'd want them on ignore.
That's the best idea I've heard in a long time! =) Those posts are driving me nuts! You want to find something interesting but you have to go through pages and pages of that before you get anything... Go on Mylot! Give us an ignore button PLEASE!
@Metallion (2229)
My other suggestion would be to choose one of his discussions, don't reply to it, but hit the ! mark which reports it to mylot and let them know you are sick of him trying to flood the new discussion list with his discussions and keep others from being seen.
That would be great! maybe you should send mylot a private message about this? it's a very good suggestion and could filter out all those 'funny' discussions.
@Metallion (2229)
I did send them a message about the guy and what he was doing because I figured out his goal. See he was hoping to flood the new discussion list so nobody else would get their discussions viewed. Once I realized that , I was fed up, and reported it.