Divorce..Is it just a simple legal break-up?

Do you think that divorce is simply just a legal break-up? Is it just a piece of paper that says your free? Or does it say that your broke and broken hearted?
@James72 (26833)
Take it from me..... Divorce is anything BUT a simple legal break up. It is a painful, emotionally draining exercise that takes some time to get over. The end result I guess is a piece of paper, yes. And once you have that, a huge sense of relief is felt. But in a lot of cases it is messy. Especially when children are involved.
@gprasad (177)
It is just a piece of paper which says u r free. U would have already seperated and broken - hearted even before u would have filed for it. so its just a final piece of paper or final nail in the coffin which will release u from the helms of the relationship so tht u can start all over again
Thank you for your response. Truly divorce is sucha sad thing of ending vows that were supposed to last a lifetime. I guess we really just need something tangible to prove to ourselves that the relationship is over and settled.
@cuddleme01 (2729)
yes divorce is a legal break up, a piece of paper that gives both spouses the freedom to remarry again. divorce is nothing but mere formality intended to cancel a valid contract of marriage and intended as well to settle the matrimonial properties of the spouses.
@carmat (2850)
I would have to say ...never experiencing a divorce that is just a way to say that you arent married anymore and you are free to move on with whomever you chose and your ties are cut with your other partner. Of course there is always money involved to see who is entitled to what.
@vanezzyi (206)
i am really not into divorce. I think it is when two persons who used to love each other so much have chosen to give up on each other, Instead on fixing the problem, they choose the easy way out...which is divorce, It is a legal way of saying that I used to be married and now I am free to marry again. I think there is something wrong with the personality of people who go through divorce...it sucks!
@nickventere (1424)
• Zambia
It is a legal break and that makes it sound simple. However, the emotions that culminate are very huge to contain. many stakeholders suffer in the process, including children. And sometimes, even friends and relatives. The parties involved may pretend for a while but deep down inside each one of them, if their love was real, it hurts big time.
iam still single.
@rama_k7 (71)
Divorce is not simply a legal break-up. But it is one where you have gone to the extent that you cannot adjust anymore with your spouse. However it does not necessarily mean that you are broke or heart broken. It only means that you cannot stay together but can be friends.
@gabs8513 (48805)
It says that your Marriage has failed and it is time to give up I am divorced after 21 Years of trying everything to make the Marriage work but when your Partner can not adjust to being married then it is time to call it a Day Yes I was broken hearted a lot of years but when the break up came I was actually relieved in the end
divorce is a legal break up brought about by the community and the law.