Children wearing underwear

@shoelover (1574)
Australia
My sister in law does not believe in putting underwear on her children. She has a girl who is 6 and a boy who is 9. When they come over here the little girl is almost always wearing dresses but when she sits down you can see what she's had for breakfast. This is the same for the boy. Even when they wear shorts ect they still don't wear underwear. All my children were in underwear the moment they were toilet trained. I think especially with all the pediphiles around children are better off with underwear on. What do you think?
@ausnikki (4089)
• Brisbane, Australia
Hmmm,not putting underwear on children is not a good idea in this day and age.There are alot of perverts around these days that prey on small children,be they male or female.I suggest you have another chat with your sister in law and make her aware of the danger she is putting her children in.The children need to know that it's not appropriate too.
@shoelover (1574)
I have tried nikki. She told me not to put ideas into her childrens head.
@ausnikki (4089)
• Brisbane, Australia
Thanks for best response :)
@Random1 (213)
That is sick! I'm sorry but kids need to wear underwear. It is SO NOT appropriate for them to be walking around (especially in dresses) without underwear at school. Especially when little kids run around and fall and stuff her skirt is bound to come up at some point. Maybe you should have a heart to heart with your sister in law about how you feel it is inappropriate and see what she thinks!
@shoelover (1574)
I have done that with my sister in law, she just shrugs her shoulders and says they do own underwear I just forget to check if they are wearing them.
@MsTickle (24716)
Perhaps if your sil is not listening to you and seems not to care you need to take advice from some agency like DOCS or even your GP or local police. They will be able to advise you of your sils rights and responsibilities in this matter and hopefully something official will cause your sil to see the light. What does it take for goodness sake to say..."put your knickers on kids"
@weemam (13389)
I have honestly never heard of this before , why does she not do this , I think it is so much more hygenic , and they will be made a fool of by the other children It must be really cold fot them too , Do you ever ask her why she preffers it that way ? xx
@shoelover (1574)
I have asked weemam but she just says she forgot to check.
@dana234 (2126)
• Spain
I just don´t understand how your sister in law can FORGET to check if her kids are wearing underwear. There should be no need to check. Part of educating children is to teach them how to dress properly. Once the children know that wearing underwear is just as important as wearing warm clothes when it´s cold outside, they will include putting on underwear into their daily routine. Children, especially girls should be taught to put on underwear. There are too many perverts around who love to stare at children genitals. Certainly she´s aware of this?
@shoelover (1574)
I know and agree with you there.
Shoelover, I noticed in one of your replies that you mention your SIL says she "forgets to check" if her kids are wearing underwear?! Good grief. This is sad. At the ages of 6 and 9, I think a responsible parent is still helping their children to pick out their clothing (or at least checking on their choices and teaching them about the appropriateness of dressing). She sounds clued out... and I feel bad for her kids who are undoubtedly going to be really embarrassed when they get caught at some point... umm... with their pants down.
@shoelover (1574)
Hi thinkingoutloud. I do agree with all that you say. I think she is just lazy.
@nuffsed (1275)
I recently posted about parents buying pre-teens unsuitable (sexy) underwear, but I think this is even worse!! As others have said there is the hygene issue apart from the obvious nakedness. Is she just a lazy soul who wishes to save washing? I just can't understand this one. Perhaps it is very hot? She needs a good talking to I reckon.
@shoelover (1574)
Yep she does need a good talking to but never listens to what we have to say.
@kareng (7986)
That is totally disgusting to hear that she is raising her children that way. You need to sit her down and have a good firm talk with her. This is not safe for the little girl especially. How can she play outside and feel ok being dressed half naked? I'd be sending them both home with underwear on next time but I hope you don't wait until then to address the matter and take it face to face with her.
@shoelover (1574)
I agree with you
@gabs8513 (48820)
Well I think that is awful also that is asking for trouble You know what I mean when I say that if her Kids are outside and you can see everything all it takes is for a wrong Person to be around and I hope she would be able to justify that Also I don't think it is very hygenic either Those poor Children
@shoelover (1574)
Yes that were my thoughts also. Thankyou I agree with the hygene part also.
@nicky35 (751)
i think you need to have a word.ive never heard of anyone not putting underwear on her child.thats not good and it needs to stop.there are som twisted people around and why give them excuses.its not fare on the poor kids.show her my answer.ive got three kids and i think its nuts "if you dont want to wear knickers love then dont but do the right thing by your kids and buy them some pants"
@shoelover (1574)
Good point.
What kind of mother retaliates of her children wearing underwear! I have 2 children and no matter what they wear they always wear undewear. I think it is safety as well especially for littel girls. She is just asking for children to be exposed. I think that she should be questioned for negligence. How dirty....
@shoelover (1574)
Yep all my 4 children always wore underwear. To me it was a matter of hygeine also.
@ru88en (2998)
Yes, it is but proper for the children to wear underwear.
@shoelover (1574)
I agree. Thanks for your comment.