does doing excersice in any way affect your height

if you start excercising at age of 13 just a push up's(about 50) and excersice for your abbs will it harden the muscles so bad that it will effect your growth or so(any doctors on mylot)
perhaps yes it is too young , one should start at 2 atleast
13 is an very young age and i think it might effect coz the bones at that age are very soft...and having weights at tat age might coz any problems.. better to consult a orthopaedist
@wsue1023 (1396)
The only way it can give you height is maybe if you're muscles aren't supporting your body well and as a result you're slouching. Improved muscular structure will help you stand more erect. Other than that, I don't think so. I don't know that it would ever cripple your height. I guess if you're still growing and you put your body through a very tough regimen it might stunt your growth, but I don't know this to be the case. I've never heard this or read it anywhere.
@amberleef (481)
no i don't think it affects your growth or height,i was lifting weights at around 12 years old,and i ended up at age 18 being 6-1"tall,so i dont think it does.
@hariholla (414)
I don't think by doing excercise your growth will stop
@spikyarj (519)
not sure about this..but what i have heard is that lifting weights at a very young age may reduce the expansion of muscles linearly..that is we may not grow much..
@Schubler (1530)
I don`t think it can effect you ... as long as you don`t do more than you can... sports are good for the health of your body... and also for your mind...