Do you give away or sell your crafts?

@jillbeth (2711)
Personally, I find it much more rewarding to give away the things I crochet. I love to make afghans, each year I try to give one as a gift to a family member. It is hard to sell things you make for a good enough price to make it worth your time, so I do it out of love for crochet and my family and friends. Although I have sold some of my hats on ebay, that's fun to think someone across the country or world (I've sent two to Australia) is wearing something I made!
My mom loves to knit and crochet. She is constantly making doilies (not sure how 2 spell it?) But my friends are always asking me where I get them from when they come in my house and see them on my coffee table, enterntainment stand etc... So she ends up making them some too
@jillbeth (2711)
I love to make doilies too. I made a huge one a few years ago for my sister-in-law. It was hard to give away, but she loved it! It made me feel good when I went to her house and she was using it!
@suscan (1959)
Yarn - Crochet Yarn
I actually do both,my family likes hand made gifts,and they appreciate them. Right now I am working on opening an Etsy store and possibly getting some of my clothing items and accessories into a small boutique locally.
@yarntales (639)
I mostly make afghans, scarves and dishclothes. I give them away when I can find people who want them.
@nancygibson (3738)
• France
I sell about half the things I make bt that is an important part of my income. Its hard to get a fair price for handmade goods when you think how long they take to make, but as you say its nice to know they are being enjoyed