Do you think our government works for us or do we work for our government ?

@cclay34 (486)
Do you think our government works for us or do we work for our government ? I feel like the politicians run our country like it is a corperation and we the citizens are all their employees.
We are actually working for the government.We pay for taxes.We pay for their stupid salary.
@cclay34 (486)
The United States is the only country that I know of who sits back and allows politicians to plunder and piliage at their leasure while drawing six figure incomes from tax payers money. Citizens of most other countries would have revolted long ago and put a stop to all of the crap. Look what the citizens of the Philippines did to their president a few years back. JOSEPH ESTRADA was accused of plundering government funds and even though he locked himself in and surrounded the presidential palace with soldiers and police the citizens rushed the palace and pysicaly threw him out into the street. After doing a government audit they hunted him up and placed him in prison. The people of most countries dont put up with crap from politicians or if they do it is only a short period of time until they take matters into their own hands. Not here in America, We just sit back and allow them to rob us blind. everyone has the attitude that they will be out of office soon, maybe we will get someone better, but what we get is the same old turkey justwith differant dressing
@valmiki9 (1171)
There is no Government as such. The politicians run any country and they make a lot of money by squeezing the tax payer.They themselves dont work but get afat pension.This they call as democracy.
@cclay34 (486)
Thats exactly my point, I feel like the politicians are using us as their personal employees to make themselves rich from our hard earned money
@EagleEyes (646)
I agree that it has come down to the government making as much money as possible off of our hard earned dollars. I think they have forgotten about "The People" and that is what is suppossed to be all about, helping and representing "The People".
@snowflake5 (1580)
Governments work for the citizens - if they don't they'll get thrown out in the next election. Where the above isn't happening, it's because people don't bother to vote. I understand that in the USA only 33% of those eligible to vote bother to do so. In Britain it's about 70% and higher if the election is close. (It's compulsory to register to vote in Britain). If people vote and are ruthless about throwing out bad governments, then governments tend to be scared of their citizens and to behave properly. I think you get the government you can be bothered to vote for.
we both work for each other and some times we both dont work for each other.