Benifits of Alcohol..

@deepuj (592)
Hi,all.. Is drinking good or bad? Well this is a question which is in my mind since a very long time. I have read from many places that, a limited amount of alcohol can actually be benifitial in many ways.it reduces the risk of heart attacks, increases the metabolism, can help those who want to lose weight.The limited amount means about 2 standard sized drink for men and 1 standard sized for women per day. But the point here to know is, if you cant limit your self to this it is then really harmful. A small amount of alcohol is good for health,but large amount is definetly not. So those who cant control their desires to drink, should rather avoid it, instead of drinking saying that its good for health as an excuse. For those who dont drink, really good brcause you are not in the risk of harmful effects of over drinking, and you can achieve the benifits mentioned here by some workout or jogging.. Like to know your opinion guys...
@DocterDew (902)
I don't think it can ever be helpfull to anybody. It will impair your vision after one drink even if just a little. I'd say don't think of it as benefitial to you or you'll have an excuse to drinking it more and more.
Yes I believe what you are saying. I have heard that it is beneficial to you in small amounts but not in large amounts. It is really harmful when someone has diebetes like my brother in law and he still keeps on drinking regardless of the effect it will have on him someday. My sister tries to get him to stop but he won't and I feel sorry for her. I myself don't hardly drink at all. My husband has a few a day so not to bad. Just don't see no sense in drinking any more and feeling poorly the next day.
@deepuj (592)
Very correct, what u said, no point drinking too much n feel bad the next day, i really feel sad for ur sister n brother in law.
@mdchennai (2129)
well i used to drink only on occasions
@deepuj (592)
Thanks for ur response, now we know moderate drinking has got some benifit, but its well know that heavy drinkin can cause lot of harm. Thanks for the response.