Military Jobs and Families

men and women of the navy
My Husband is in the navy. Due to his job we have to move maybe 2 times every 3 years. Its hard on me because Once I make friends I have to Leave them. I dont mind the travel but sometimes I just want to Stay put. Do you know anyone in the military or do u have a military spouse in a similar situation? Share your Story...
Well my dad was in the Army. We moved alot too. I was young and had to change many schools. It really had devastating effect in my studies, because I can get my mind and environment set in one school, we have to moov again. I could never make steady friend in any of those schools. My grade was down, because not all schools following the same board,but somehow I managed to make myself smart or intelligent enough to face this world and had a chance to educate myself studing at home.
@armywifey (883)
My husband is currently in Iraq, and I am staying in my hometown with family. I am lucky enough that he is stationed in Kentucky about an hour from our home town so I I haven't had to move around. I do understand where you are coming from though because alot of the women I know have the same problems and alot of my friends have had to move due to relocation. They get settled, get a job and then have to leave it all and start over again.
@katprice (807)
Sometimes I wish I'd married military. I love to travel and I'm the kind of person who keeps 2 or 3 really close friends rather than 20 fair-weather friends. Life is much easier when you don't have so many people in your life. Anyway, moving every two or three years would not bother me, especially seeing what jerks next door neighbors can be. It would be fun to say goodbye to them and move to a new place, courtesy of the military.
@nmw2005 (1197)
Hi, my husband is also in the Navy. We have moved around and this is the first time we are staying at a place for more than a year. It is hard because just as you become really comfortable with your new friends you pick up and move. We tried to stay in contact with everyone, but after a while the contacts just dissipate. I would like to have my own place where I can pick the paint color, have a veggie garden I won't have to leave. Having said that there there are some perks to being a military spouse. I have been to places that I otherwise would not have traveled to. I have meet many fun and interesting people.