About Girl Scouts

@sunnypub (2131)
have you ever been in Girl Scouts? Would you put your daughter in Girl Scouts? Do you think Girl Scouts is a good thing or not and why. I was in Girl Scouts when I was a kid and I not only put my daughter into it, I became a Girl Scout Leader. I do think it is a great thing and I think it teaches the girls so much wonderful things and is a really wonderful foundation for the girls growning up to be wonderful women.
I was a Camp Fire Kid growing up (it was like girlscouts/boyscouts, but co-ed) and I had a blast. My mom was a leader for a couple years until she had to go back to work full time and couldn't manage us any more. I also went to camp for 6 or 7 summers in a row. I had a blast! Unfortunately the area I live in doesn't have much for CampFire going on. But I did sign my daughter up for Girl Scouts instead just because there is a larger demand here for it. She LOVES it! Though I'm not the biggest fan of her troop and the way it is ran. I wouldn't mind seeing a few changes made. How was it being a leader? I was thinking about becoming a co-leader and maybe eventually branching off my own group as I have more experiance? We have a HUGE waiting list in this area so it will be easy to fill a new troop without taking any girls other than my daughter to start a new troop. Any advice would be great! Thanks!
@kingadnan (1541)
• Pakistan
hehehe i think they are good. wel i don't have enough idea
Haha okay thanks though!
@goldjay (465)
I was never a Girl Scout until I decided to put my daughter into a troop. The Counsel told me that there were no openings unless I decided to become a leader and start my own troop so that's what I did. So, now I am a Girl Scout as well as a leader and I think it's great. I think that girls learn so much about themselves and the world from being Girl Scouts.
@sunnypub (2131)
I had the same thing which is why I ended up bieng a leader. It is sad but there are just way more girls than leaders. It takes a lot to be a leader and I applaud you for taking that step. Good luck with your troop.
I was in the Girl Scouts growing up, but I have chosen not to put mine in it. We tried for awhile and it was okay for us, but the group we chose was focused too much on religion. Now I know it's a Christian organization, but it would have been nice if all the activities didn't revolve around God. It felt like a Sunday school at times.
@sunnypub (2131)
It is a shame that the troop you choose focused too mcuh on religion. The Girl Scouts actually believe in the diversity of many religons and want all to feel welcome and they even have badges specific to many religions that a girl may choose to earn to learn more about her religion or others. In our troop we focus on teaching the girls to be kind, generous, giving, honest, intelligent, open minded, helpful people. You know traits that people should have regardless of their religion. Once you find the right troop it is a great assest to any girl. Thanks for responding.
@Lady_Vincy (1542)
When I was younger I was a girlscout. I would deffinatly put my daughter(when I have one)into the girlscouts. It is a great place for a girl to growvand become a better girl. It is a really great thing for young girls. I recommend it to anybody.
@jenbatres (800)
I was in girl scouts for 5 years as a child. . .I have been a girl scout leader for 5 years now. I have 2 girls in girl scouts a junior and a daisy. I also have another that can't wait to be a daisy next year.
@sunita64 (6474)
Scouting definately makes girls confident and strong. They learn good things in scouting and learn to do things in group as a team.
I was a girl scout (many years ago) it was called the girl guides in Scotland. I enjoyed it and learned a lot of helpful things and good values.