Living Here

What is, or was, your favorite thing about living in Denver? I have lived here for over 30 years, have never learned to ski, and rarely go to the mountains except to gamble. I enjoy the diversity, and the fact that the snow melts as soon as the sun comes out. I live about 2 blocks from where the light rail begins so I am basically on the "uptown" side of Downtown Denver, which is great because on the weekends most people are out in the suburbs....makes it nice and quiet here! Tell me what you love about Denver!
@borg_queen (2535)
I would love to visit someday. I heard it's nice. I like quiet and uncrowded places. And I definitely learn to ski if I have 30 years!
LOL! Skiing is too expensive, too far, too wet, too cold, too crowded...did I mention too expensive? There's nothing like being in town when others are in the mountains, which are about 45 minutes away, that's not counting getting too Aspen itself, or any of the other ski resorts once you get past the foothills.
@Meljep (1668)
Don't live there, but visited there around 18 years ago. Eating a Casa Bonita was one of the hightlights of the trip. Shopping at the western shops was a great adventure also.
I never lived in denver but I love to visit