pocket money

@baysmummy (1639)
Australia
Do you give your children pocket money or allowance? If so how old are they? and what do they do to earn their pocket money or allowance
our boys only 1(om did i say that!!!) so abit too younf for it, but when hes abit older he will get some, & hell have some little chore he has to do every day to get it. Everyone i know whose children get pocket money has to do something to earn it, eg take the bin out everyday etc.
@msqtech (15226)
very smart and there are many tools to use to teach them responsibility
@caramello (4381)
My children are a bit old for pocket money now, 25 and 22 but I still "give" them some money occasionally. But when they were young around 7, I gave them $5 a week, but they had to do the chores I requested first. 1. dry the dishes after dinner. 2. tidy their bed-rooms (now that was a chore on it's own) lol and 3. feed the family pets.
Mine gets a $5 allowance every week.
@mirage108 (3403)
No I dont but my daugher is only 4 1/2 years old
@msqtech (15226)
I give allowance if they did their chores around the house but i dont just give money I also encouraged saving and rewarded them for adding to their bank accounts they are grown now and know how to budget wisely