This universal thing called love ...

I always remember from my Spanish class the saying: Amor con amor se paga (meaning: Love is paid by love alone). But then there's another one that says: When poverty knocks on the door, love flies out of the window. Both are so true. What can you say about it and other sayings like Love is blind, Love is kind, Love is eternal, Love is a many splendored thing etc etc etc
@Hemant83 (1282)
Love is Life.. i think you are very nice person.. nice to meet you.. wishing you and your family a very happy christmas.. and have a nice day. take care.
Thank you. Happy holidays to you too.
@abednego7 (1060)
Love should be unconditional, if not then it is not love.
love can both heal and hurt it both makes the heart sing and cry it seems to be that which hurts and heals us it gives and it takes love does ment things but with out it we would die .
'When poverty knocks on the door,Love flies out of the widnow' I thought it was about Love and not about lobh{lobh means greed in sanskrit} I mean what has poverty to do with Love! Incase it does then its only attraction{that too for money} and not Love! {Just incase you were wondering why I spell LOve with a capital "L"...its because Love and GOd hold the same position in my life} And yeah!Love is definitely blind ;-) It had given me the feeling of having drifted to another world...a world of Love...where we eat Love...drink Love...sleep Love...love Love...and where it rains Love...where we get drenched in Love it gave me the feeling of being blessed! Abd about Love being paid back by Love...i doubt it....sometimes its paid back by hatred and dirsrespect too!
About poverty knocking on the door -- I think what it means is that if poverty happens between 2 people who once were in love, most of the time the love they knew turns sour. This is happening to couples who later in their union split up because of financial difficulties - they squabble, blame each other, etc. because they have no money to buy their necessities. About love being paid by love alone, it means that love cannot be paid back by money or anything material.
i cannot say anything on this topic love.
I think you are just shy. Love happens to everyone, whatever color or shape you are. Come out and say something about it.
@DavidReedy (2411)
Love is the most beautiful thing in the world, however, we fail to understand it, let alone to act it out. For instance, I would never abandon anyone, let alone because of financial problems, but many would. People confuse the true nature of Love (which is giving and joy) with the feelings of being in Love (which is lust and ego-gratification).