Anxiety Disorders

What are the different kind of anxiety disorders that one can have? Nervousness, shyness in public, what different kind of disorders are there?
There aren't any "kinds" of anxiety disorders. It's just labeled as an "Anxiety Disorder" and can affect everyone differently. it's characterized by an overwhelming feeling of anxiety - racing pulse, upset stomach to the point that it can cause ulcers or acid reflux or also IBD (irritable bowel disorders), inability to confront people or talk in public or even perform some of the most basic day-to-day functions. I have an anxiety disorder that I've managed to control until recently. I'm not on wellbutrin which I've only been on for a little over a month and it has helped me tremendously. I am no longer worried about trivial things and I haven't had a panic attack in a long time. It used to be that something as simple as my daughter having a bad day at school used to make me completely incapacitated - I'd worry about why she acted the way she did and whether or not she'd grow up badly or eventually turn into a bad egg and kill my wife and I in our sleep and spend life in jail - oh yes, these are the thoughts. Not that I truly believed them, but people who have anxiety problems can't stop their minds from racing about worries - even if they are really unfounded and completely speculative. I also suffer from depression as well as some sort of IBD as well, but they could all be linked. The best thing to do is clear one thing off at a time.
Oh..I thought there were different kinds. I'm glad you're doing better, that sounds like my nightly panic attack as I'm going to sleep, and thinking things over in my head, do I have enough money to pay the water bill, is my fiance's job interview going to go well, did I forget to turn the oven light off, where are my keys, etc.
I know exactly what you go through. It's hard a lot of the time. You just have to constantly remind yourself that it's utterly ridiculous to think about things you have no control over. Often it helps me to sleep to trick my brain into thinking I have to do something downstairs right away. A lot of the time when we know we have something to do and we are in bed, we usually just stay in bed and sleep. It works for me sometimes.
That actually makes sense, thanks for the tip! I usually try to focus my mind on something peaceful until I start dreaming about it.
@sweetcakes (3506)
An anxiety disorder may make you feel anxious most of the time, without any apparent reason. Or the anxious feelings may be so uncomfortable that to avoid them you may stop some everyday activities. Or you may have occasional bouts of anxiety so intense they terrify and immobilize you.
I have a lot of anxiety. Like turmoil in my head. I'm happily married and have 2 children that I love very much. They are both on the autism spectrum. Maybe that adds to my stress. My identical twin has OCD, so it's probably partially genetic. Sometimes I just want to scream or run away. I take 50 mg. of Zoloft everyday. I think it helps minimally. I try to give my stress to God. That helps. But, sometimes my feelings are overwhelming and I just want to disengage from all my responsibilities.
Do you know what you're diagnosed with, what your disorder is called? It sounds like you have a lot of stress in your life, I hope you can find some happy moments & take some time to yourself to read a book or paint a picture or something relaxing like that.
i hope that you feel better real soon nobody wants to go through this. and i wish you all the best.