Prices of Medication

It's unbeilievable that many sick people out there can't afford to buy there own medication for thier sickness. I was reading online how the major company glaxosmithkline a popular company that fabricates many pills for several diseases stopped sending medicines to pharmacists in canada becuase people here in the united states are orderin them online at cheaper rates.... its incredible.... i mean c'mon a freaking pill sometimes is like 10 dollars!!
@disvachic (10121)
Yes medicine is very expensive.My granmother has medicare and it does not cover the full price of her meds.She has to come out of her pocket to pay and she can't even afford it.Thats when our family steps in.
so let me ask what are something that people without insurance can do? for example i have no insurance how can i get affordable healthcare??
@disvachic (10121)
When I went to the salvation army they had a brochure titled Can't afford medicine? You had to apply for it.We were telling my grandmother about it but she said that it probably was going to be the generic brand and she really dont want genric brand because it doesn't work the same.To me it does.You can also call your local Social Services and they can direct you to agencies to I believe.
its reaally disgusting
@pvinay (210)
medicine - its a equipment by which medicine is given to a person
this is not the situation only in united state . this happen all over the world . people are dieing due to lack of money. because they are not able to buy proper medication . i think WHO should do aomrthing against this .
Oh boy...you and I think alike, it is kinda scary. I have a discussion posted a while back on are we an overmedicated society, and it goes into costs of medicines too. I am uninsured and I take several medications that I will be on for the rest of my life. The cost for these medicines ranges about $400 a month. The pharmacuetical companies are in cahoots with the doctors to prescribe their medicines without any thought as to whether the patient can afford the medicine. It is a ridiculous scenerio. You are right, a pill that costs $10 and up. While the pharmacuetical companies are lining their pockets with profits, everyday citizens are suffering not only physical effects, but a drain on their wallets. Something needs to be done and fast.