Pay It Foward

Just wondering if anyone here has ever paid it forward to someone who needs help? My mom did a wonderful thing. A co-worker was going around asking if anyone knew of a family that needed help that they could adopt. Really neat program. Anyway my mom said no one said anything so she told them about my cousin, her niece and how she hadn't been able to go christmas shopping for the kids because she had been in the hospital with her daughter for over a week and that her younger son is really sick to. The lady asked my mom if she was married and of course she's not. She's a single mother of four. So this co-worker said great and adopted her family. They went out and got a bunch of gifts for the kids and a gift card for grocries. They will be delievering the gifts on Saturday. I thought this was so cool. My cousin started crying when she found out what my mother did. She was so happy.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
That was great. We did that for a family every year when I worked at the grocery store. It was neat. The famlies wer really appreciative, but a few were a little embarrassed also. But they are definitely grateful.
I know. I would really have loved the help when I needed it. Alot of people do such wonderful things. someday I hope to be able to do something for someone
@birthlady (5613)
Yes, always, although I never saw the movie. The concept of paying it forward is a good way to live.
Thank you
I've never done this formally but I know many people that make it a habit to do it all the time. what your mother did was a great thing
Thank you for that. I'm really proud of her.
@tigrashadow (1087)
i love the movie and its idea...i hope to one day be able to pay it forward... well done to your mum and her co-worker small acts of kindness can make a huge different to a struggling person or family we should all try to pay it forward...even starting small is better than not at all
Thank you. It does make a big difference in their lives. It just goes to show you that there are still wonderful people out there.
@missyd79 (3438)
that is wonderful. I am thinking that in the years to come that i want to do that for a family also. I can't do it on my own right now, so maybe i will mention something to my co-workers next year and we can try to find a family like that.
Maybe after all my children are gone I can try to do something like that also. It was so cool the hear that there are people out there that are willing to do that for others without anything in return