Taming my kitty kat!

my kitty *her name is symphony* gets into everything! sometimes she wont leave me alone. she always jumping and knocking things over *sigh* Its cute sometimes, but she's breaking alot of my stuff, any ideas people!?!?! thanks :)
my father has a kitten that was the same way..they trained her by putting her in a room by herself with her litterbox for a few hours a day..she became comfortable in that space and soon didn't even want to get into anything else..when she does go into other areas of the house, she stays in one spot now..hope that helps..and thats such a cute name..
Thank you on the cat's name. And symphony says meow. which is kittie for "tanx" I was gonna call her zombie cat. lol my gf woulda freaked :)
@tamra2 (259)
You will have to train her. Get a spray bottle (a new one! not one that had household cleaners in it!), fill it with water and keep one in every room. When the kitty does something that is not appropriate say "stop" in a firm voice and give a short, quick mist with the water. Make sure you are consistent. You can't squirt her for being her on the sofa and then let her snuggle with you on the sofa the next day. Decide what is a "no-no" and what you can put up with, and always use the water treatment when she does a "no-no". It will take a few weeks but she will figure out what behaviour gets the snuggles and what gets a squirt of cold water. I have had more cats than I can count over the years and this has worked with each and every one. Please note: it only takes a quick gentle mist! Do not set the spray bottle on stream and shoot the cat!