Do Your Pets Get Stockings Too?

@wolfie34 (26792)
United Kingdom
Ours do, we have four cats and each of them get a little stocking on Christmas Day, full of their favourite nibbles, our rabbit gets a slab of her favourite treat too, so none of them miss out! Plus the cats get some turkey too! Christmas is not just for humans! Don't forget them this Christmas!
@patootie (3593)
When I had my dear cats (both lived to 20 tears of age) they always had a little Christmas time gift (along with Birthdays, Easter and other special times treats) ... It was usually something deliciously edible and a real treat they wouldn't get normally ... both my cats had a passion for smoked salmon and fresh trout (both of which I hate) ... so they had little portions of smoked salmon and/or trout over Christmas and New Year .. NB mustn't give too much smoked salmon though at any one time as it isn't good for their liver and kidneys in big portions .. it's too salty and their bodies can't flush the salt very well ... but a little portion (maybe a dessertspoonful at most) should be fine My female cat had a special little 'song' she would sing while I was getting the treats ready .. a weird ululating cry .. and I never heard her use it for anything but smoked salmon or trout .. whereas my male cat would do a little dance ... plaiting and weaving his front legs over and over whilst doing funny little skips ... sometimes he would get his legs so wound up he would fall flat on his face bless him ... Funny things is I don't celebrate Christmas at all ... but I always made sure they did ... ;o)
@patootie (3593)
Sorry my fibro is playing me up today and I'm not spotting my typos fast enough ... My cats lived to 20 Years not tears !! Silly me !!
@wolfie34 (26792)
Cheers Toots, I knew what you meant, it wasn't the Christmas cheer kicking in early ;0)
@babyhar (1335)
I love this question! Because.. Every year we always give my dog a Christmas stocking.. I find it's something to look forward to doing for us.. Just seeing the reaction on our dog's face is just priceless! I believe when everybody else is getting gifts, that they appreciate getting gifts, as well. Last year we got her a stocking full of squeaky toys, but also a football made out of rawhide. We also got her this one squeaky toy that was shaped like a candy candy, we also got her a little santa.. That didn't last all to long since that was one of the very first things she tore apart after we got home from my Grandma's. I remember when we first gave her the stocking though she went firstly for the candy cane & ran around with it in her mouth.. Showing it off to the other dogs, trying to make them jealous.. But she's more than willing to share & gave them a chance to play with it as well.. We also gave her little fish, one was big, one was medium, & then there we're two little small ones.. I mean not to small though since we wouldn't want her to choke on them! But she loves them to pieces still to this very day! I as well got her two bones.. She was eating them for a while there.. But I found they had to many sharp edges to them so I had to take them away as I was scared her gums would bleed.. She still has her raw hide football though.. When you bite in to the middle all this granola looking type of stuff comes out.. She sure loves those or little raw hide balls filled with the same type of thing.. I enjoy buying our pup a stocking every year.. It really makes them feel like they are a part of the family, & it keeps them out of mischief while everyone else is opening gifts.. But sometimes they cause mischief just by playing with the toys.. haha.
@wolfie34 (26792)
Thank you for sharing, appreciated.
yes my fur baby has always gotten his own stocking. When he was younger he used to just love his stocking. He'd get his treats in it and a stuffed animal that he loved playing with. Now that he is much older, he still enjoys it, but isn't as much in it as he used to be.
@wolfie34 (26792)
Fur baby! I like that, pets have Christmas too! Thanks for sharing.
@brokentia (10396)
No, at this time I do not get my pets stocking. I have considered it. But I tend to spoil them year round. LOL This time of year, I have seven children I have to be worried about. So the pets take a back seat. But I am sure if I were working and had the funds to include them, I would. And I am also sure that as each child gets older and moves out, I will probably baby them even more....empty nest syndrome. LOL So, currently, I do not by them stockings. But I do plan on it in the future. :)
@wolfie34 (26792)
Animals do become surrogate children! I have just spoilt mine tonight with fresh tuna!!!
Our little furry babies always get their stockings hung up. We have two cats with their names on their socks. We fill them with toys and treats every year.
@kareng (7980)
I have done pet stockings in the past. However, we have quite a few pets now and it bit harder. I usually just buy the pups some new treats, a big box for all of them to share.
@ukchriss (2103)
Yes my two, Jack and Oscar both had their stockings full of toys and treats which they loved.. But the one thing which they played with the most over christmas was .... a walnut! They chased this walnut everywhere all around the house!
@mamashane (1140)
We have 3 dogs and a cat. They all share the same stocking but we fill it with bones, treats and toys. Our pets are a part of our family and it would be odd if we didn't include in the gift giving at Christmas.
@scottology (1213)
no my pets dont