volley ball

when volleyball game is started?
@jebincet (614)
i believe what sunsix has wrote.....On February 9, 1895, in Holyoke, Massachusetts, William G. Morgan a YMCA physical education director, created a new game called Mintonette as a pastime to be played preferably indoors and by any number of players. The game took some of its characteristics from tennis and handball. Another indoor sport, basketball, was catching on in the area, having been invented just sixteen kilometres away in the city of Springfield, Massachusetts only four years before. Mintonette (as volleyball was then known) was designed to be an indoor sport less rough than basketball for older members of the YMCA, while still requiring a bit of athletic effort.
@jebincet (614)
On February 9, 1895, in Holyoke, Massachusetts, William G. Morgan a YMCA physical education director, created a new game called Mintonette as a pastime to be played preferably indoors and by any number of players. The game took some of its characteristics from tennis and handball. Another indoor sport, basketball, was catching on in the area, having been invented just sixteen kilometres away in the city of Springfield, Massachusetts only four years before. Mintonette (as volleyball was then known) was designed to be an indoor sport less rough than basketball for older members of the YMCA, while still requiring a bit of athletic effort.
@i_agree_but (1185)
• United Arab Emirates
When the referee whistled. I'm happy to respond these kind of simple questions. When the questions are asked which has some personal or intimate touch, I feel like talking with our true friends. Though my favorite topics are science and politics, I'm happy to share my personal view on so many issues like this with the international community, thanks to mylot.