Rain glorious rain!

@Bunny2 (2102)
Australia
It's raining in Melbourne! It's actually raining! I hope it's going to the catchment areas and most importantly, in the bushfire areas. Australia is n the middle of one of the worst droughts on record, so this downpour is very welcome. It's wonderful to hear and I love the smell of rain. It's very welcome after two very hot days and last night it was too hot to sleep. Let's hope it keeps up! Anyone in the bushfire areas of Victoria - is it raining there? I hope so.
@patootie (3593)
That's really good news ... I am glad it is raining for you .. my sister lives in Australia and she has been telling me about the drought and how is the worst in living memory ... A few days ago they had a terrific rainstorm the rain fell for more than an hour ... but when she went out to check her garden she found only the top layer of soil had been wetted ... it's been dry there for so long that the ground had become too hard to let the water soak in ... It's almost impossible to believe that sone folks are actually starting some of the bush fires .. I know it happens every year but you'd think even arsonists would realise that everywhere is so tinder dry this year .. Hope the rain keeps up and puts out those bush fires .. they were looking pretty bad the last time I saw anything on otr news here in the UK
@Bunny2 (2102)
we've been lucky that the bushfires are mor eunder control at the moment, though it's been hot for several days in a row - which of course dries everything out more. There are some idiots who derive pleasure from starting fires. it's bad enough when property is lost, but what about lives? I believe it's raining in the UK. Send it over, please! Thanks for replying.
@ossie16d (11834)
It is always raining in the UK Bunny. :)
@Bunny2 (2102)
Yeah, well I'm happy to send the sunshine in return for the rain. It's so hot here! 29 at 8 a.m.
I wouldn't mind visiting Australia either. I would love to go traveling. It's raining out here as well, when it should be snowing. I'll take the rain. The weather isn't too bad either, but I am sure it will get colder!
@ossie16d (11834)
In Australia we are currently having the worst ever drought in 100 years, which is why all the Aussies get excited about some rain. LOL The drought is very wide spread and is affecting all parts of the country and it is so bad that now the cities are also having water restrictions. We do live in a beautiful country and even in drought it is wonderful, except that we do have to take a little more care when camping etc. Hopefully one day you will make it to visit our wonderful country. :)
@Bunny2 (2102)
Considering it's summer here we had some cold weather for Christmas - new year's eve was much warmer - though it rained after midnight (YAY AGAIN!) Hopefully it won't get too cold for you over in the USA.
@ossie16d (11834)
Rain in Melbourne - Rain, Glorious Rain
Oh you lucky thing Bunny and how I envy you getting some rain at long last. I hope the downpour lasts for a long while or a few days at least and is falling in both the catchment areas as well as the bushfire areas. I am sure that the people who live in the bushfire area as well as the fire services will welcome the rain. We are not in the bushfire area and in fact are in southern NSW but it is dry here too, and although it is overcast there is no sign of real rain. Oh well, sooner or later our turn will come I am sure. :) This photo was taken looking towards to airport in Melbourne Bunny, and so I think it is appropriate. :)
@Bunny2 (2102)
Oh it's a great photo Ossie :) I live near the Melbourne airport! I've heard that the rain did indeed fall in catchment and bushfire areas. It hasn't stopped the fires completely but it's really helped. Hopefully it means some firefighters will be home for Christmas.
@Bunny2 (2102)
It's raining again and cooler - so I'm inspired to fill in my best repsonses - have just marked yours the best forhtis thread, Ossie :)
what rain. tis morning/during the night we got a bit of rain. but not enought. our water tanks each got about 100 litres of water which is good. now i can water the grass. mayb i can wash my car again it always seams to rain when i wash my car. thats another $10 down the drain.
@Bunny2 (2102)
Last night we have it bucketing for a couple of hours Tday it's all dry out there. SIGH. We need more constant rain. A month of nights like last night would be wonderful. LOL it's an old adage that it always rains when you wash your car. Maybe you should do it more often! But I nkow what you mean - $10 wasted.
@sweetlady10 (3620)
I love rain too. If its raing after droughts you will definitely love it more. Let's hope in this world we all will blessed by God with rain and not to face droughts.
@Bunny2 (2102)
What a lovely sentiment, Sweetlady
@rosebug23 (1909)
My daughter lives in melbourne in the Dandenongs .they had hail on Christmas morning it was quite heavy and she said it was white outside. I hope you get heaps more rain . We need rain here badly as well but have had a couple of reasonable falls the last couple of days . Happy New Year
@Bunny2 (2102)
I have some friends who live up that way and took photos- and it looked so much like a wonter wonderland. Not bad for summer :) Where in Australia are you?
@meeoww (1174)
It's that much better when it's needed so badly! We haven't had the rain that we should've by this time, although I think that February is actually our wettest month. It was supposed to rain today but now that's pushed off for tomorrow. We'll see. Aloha!
@Bunny2 (2102)
Usually September is our wettest month but that hasn't happened in years. We have had pitiful rainfall for a long time now. People don't even complain if it rains at the weekend! And it rained Christmas Day and people were happy. It's that bad here. Thanks for your cheer na d hope you get your rain soon. Ciao!
@ossie16d (11834)
Alas we didn't get any rain at all where we are Bunny but there is the coldest wind blowing today - I am not sure whether it is coming from the north or south pole but I can assure you that the snow is not far behind. LOL
@Bunny2 (2102)
we had a bit of rain yesterday (Christmas Day) and some hail too. And today it's drizzling - a nice soaking type of rain. This means I might have some green lawn next week! Everything is so brown it'll be lovely to see green again!
@ankagar (1037)
its chilling in my country
@Bunny2 (2102)
Then I'll send you some warming thoughts :)
@sunita64 (6474)
Well I am not from Australia, but best of luck to you for getting rains,I can understand your happiness if you are getting rains after drought.
@utsadetti (4593)
that's good.