Yard Sales Estate Sales Auctions

@irisheyes (4373)
The one thing I don't like about Christmas time is that for two whole weeks there are no house sales, estate sales, yard sales or auctions here and I can't wait for the next one (Jan. 6th this year) I literally crave at least one or two a week...Anybody else out there feel the same? We have some really good stuff here outside Philadelphia and you can go into some of these big old Main Line homes and pick for hours but I've found good things in little row huses too. I don't care for flea markets too much but I'd even settle for one of those this week...It's a disease!
@kesfylstra (1870)
That does sound like a bit of a disease-LOL. I'm surprised you can find yard sales in the winter. I like a good garage sale, but the area I live is generally not wealthy, so its usually only junk at such sales. Never tried an auction. I don't think quick enough to be able to choose and bid on something!
@irisheyes (4373)
Actually, auctions are better but more expensive. You have time to preview and decide how much to bid and kind of get ready. It's a lot more drawn out then having to grab fast at a house sale.