need some tips for christmasdinner!

Netherlands
hi, i invited my parents for christmasday. the dinner i wanted to make was sold out at the stores(steak from a deer) so i need a simple idea but not chicken or rabbit! i only need the maindish! anyone? the stores are open here sunday so i have 2 days! thanks!!!!!!!!
@kyle930 (764)
I would suggest ham or another form of pork or possibly turkey. I hope that is a workable meal for you to make. I know that around here the hams are on sale so now would be a good time to get one. Once again I hope you can use this suggestion in your meal planning.
@razcal2267 (15577)
What about a ham? We have a turkey and ham every year Glazed Ham 14 to 18 lb. Ham 1 C. apple cider 1/4 C. mustard seeds 2 T. whole cardamom seeds 2 t. ground cinnamon 1 T. ground ginger 1/4 C. prepared mustard 2 C. light brown sugar 1/2 C. honey 3 T. corn syrup 2 T. molasses 3 T. whole cloves ( for the outside of the ham) Place whole ham on a rack in a roasting pan. Heat oven to 350° F. Pour 1/2 C. of the cider over ham. Bake 2 hours or until 140°F. Meanwhile toast the mustard and cardamom seeds in a skillet for 3 minutes. Transfer to a grinder and grind fine. Combine ground spice mixture with the cinnamon, ginger, prepared mustard, honey, 2 T. of the brown sugar, corn syrup and molasses. Set aside. After the ham reaches 140° take out of the oven and let rest 1/2 hour. Then trim the fat carefully to about 1/4 of a inch. Make a diamond pattern on the ham with a sharp knife. Insert a clove in each diamond. Rub the spice mixture over the ham. With the remaining sugar pat it over the fat layer carefully. Return ham to oven and cook for 20 minutes. The sugar will begin to crystallize. Baste carefully with the remaining 1/2 C. of cider. Bake another 40 minutes.
• Netherlands
looks good! only i live in the Netherlands so i don't think we have big hams here! i think i go for the turkey! thanks for the tip!
@mjgarcia (725)
How about beef steaks? There are a lot of good receipes on the internet. My favorite is to wrap barbeque sauce and a beef roast in foil and put it in the crockpot on low for 7 or 8 hours. Then shred the meat and serve on buns. But the meat doesn't have to be shred. It comes out soooo tender.
@missyann73 (1457)
Home made lasagna. i make it every year and it is a big hit. not very expensive either. merry christmas