Have you ever gone to get paid and your paycheck was not there?

I love my work but it seems I can never get my pay on time..Has anyone ever had problems getting their pay before?+
@sedel1027 (17854)
No, thankfully! Your employer is breaking laws by not paying you on time. If you are due to be paid on the 15th and they don't pay you until the 16th, they are breaking a law that says that employees must get paid in a timely manner (not the exact law but you can look it up on the Department of Labor website).
I wouldn't even think of bringing that idea up..I do work from home.so maybe the same labor laws do not apply:)+
@msqtech (15226)
they also need to pay the ssn and medicare got to watch out for that
Yea it just happenned to me on my only weekend off in Aug. which I planned to go to the beach. NOT!!!
Sorry to hear this happened..so what are you going to do?
@babystar1 (4236)
It happened to me just one time, but I got it right the next day. Why dont you call up your company and ask them why you never get your pay on time, thats what I would do good luck
Ah..they would say get another job..But this has long since been resolved...thanks be to God!
@msqtech (15226)
I would be angry and yes this did happen the company owes employees first
The problem has since been taken care of:)
@kgwat70 (13396)
When my ocmpany merged with another company a couple years ago they had trouble getting the direct deposit working right so there was a delay in our paychecks then. They fixed it shortly after and have not had any problems since then. Does your oompany have direct deposit. I think that is the best way to go.
They do have direct deposit..but it's a problem getting them to put it through.
@SViswan (12071)
I've never had problems getting paid (fortunately). I've worked at 2 places in Kuwait and 1 in India. In Kuwait, my pay was deposited directly into my bank account and was always on time. In India, they gave me a cheque on the first of every month or the first working day of the month. But my friend who moved from the US to India 2 years back has not been so lucky. All the places she worked at in India haven't paid her (at all!!!!). Now she has become smart and takes an advance amount before she starts work. (She's a freelancer)
@carolscash (9500)
I have had this to happen and I don't like it. I worked for company for three weeks once and didn't get a check and so I called the labor board on them.