past discussions

@ljcapps (1926)
How many people out there actually look at past discussions? are they out there just to take up memory on someone's server or does someone actually delete them eventually?
@brokentia (10396)
I have wondered that myself. I do look/go through old discussions. I find some pretty intersting discussions can be missed because there is always a quick shuffle of discussions happening. But I have also went into a friend's old discussion. I had posted a response a few weeks prior and when I went back...there was nothing there. So I posted again saying that I was coming back to make a follow up comment but all was gone. And then when I posted...my response posted on the second page instead of the first. Which just telling me that the server recognizes that there were already 10 responses but not showing them. I assumed it was an error. But I also wonder what happens to discussions that are like 4 months old...then I went looking through another's old discussions and I was able to response to a discussion that was a month old. So, maybe that is what all the problems are from time to time that myLot has...they have to delete the useless discussions to make sure they have room for the valid discussions. And maybe they compact discussions to make them smaller but some threads get lost. ha ha After all this rambling, I will just say, that I will have to wait until I am here 6 months before I reach a more insightful conclusion. LOL :) Lost response for that one conclusion, I know. I am sorry. I have a tendency to ramble to get where I am going. :D
@ljcapps (1926)
Nothing wrong with rambling that is usually how one gets to know another
@brokentia (10396)
ha ha See...this is proof that I do look at old discussions! LOL Maybe this is why myLot is starting to have issues...old discussions are taking up too much room.
@ljcapps (1926)
LOL that's true. Because sometimes i go to the "discussions that have no responses" and there are so many on there it's unbelievable. But they're usually inane questions and discussions rather than someone's that just got lost in the shuffle. LOL see, but you answered some of mine so now i can slap a best response on you and consider it resolved. LOL
@kelly60 (4548)
Looking back at the discussions of some of my friends (and from other members that I haven't gotten to know yet) I have found a lot of past discussions that were worthy of being resurfaced. It's a shame that many of them had few if any ratings on them. I'm not sure they should be deleted, because some of them are worthwhile discussions that just missed the boat. Hopefully somebody will hit on some of these and resurface at least some of the good ones somewhere along the way. What would be nice though is if we had the ability to delete our own discussions if we decided to. That way if we had an older discussion with no responses that was just taking up space, we could choose to delete it ourselves.
@ljcapps (1926)
See, and that's what i thought i could do as i was going through my *sighs* pages and pages and pages of unresolved discussions and i came across those that had no responses, but i couldn't figure out a way to do it. You're right, that's where you con someone on your friends list to respond to it, and if doesn't pick up anything after that, at least you can be done with it!
@inked4life (4227)
I think they just hang around without ever getting removed because it's amazing how many discussions that will just show up again even though they are already 4-6 months old. It's really strange how that happens.