How do you get rid of a resident spirit

@shoelover (1573)
Australia
Does anybody know a ritual I can use to send this spirit away. He is full of anger and sadness also. I have smudged my house but he is still here. Any tips?
I have only had to deal with spirits who are pranksters. We had one at my former place of employment that would move files and hide objects. Then a few days later the file or object would appear in the most noticable places. Good luck to you in your attempt to send this spirit away. Maybe you should make him feel calmer and welcome. Just ask the spirit to stay in a certain place in the house.
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou. We also have one like that in this house but he has been told he is welcome. It was only the angry spirit we didn't want here. Hopefully he has gone now as I haven't felt him around the house for almost 3 days. You do give good advice, thanks.
Try burning incese and ask for the spirits of light to clean the room/house of all dirty energy, negative thoughts and emotions, and negative entities. Play an OHM cd daily. There are cyrstals too that can help protect your house from this angry spirit.
@shoelover (1573)
Thankyou I do use smudge sticks and cleanse the house spiritually once a week. I haven't felt the angry one around now for a while so hopefully he's gone. Your advice is appreciated.