How old should your teen be to be allowed to date?

@Sunset50 (1397)
boys or girls
@scooter1024 (1243)
Well I wasnt allowed to go on dates by myself until I was 16 but I could go with a group when I was 15. I ama girl but I feel it should be the same for boys and girls. Some girls are more mature than boys and some arent so it should just stay the same.
@Sunset50 (1397)
That sounds like a good system to me. Will that be the rules for your children?
I'm not sure yet. Guess I will decide when the time comes.
I would say that around 13 boys and girls should be allowed to go with a group of other boys and girls of the same age to something like a skating rink or a sports event. In this environment there is some supervision and in a group there is very little pressure to get intimate nor is there the privacy that encourages intimacy. I would wait for private dating for both boys and girls until they are 16
@raeleighb (385)
love - love
I dont have kids yet (i'm 18. It shouldnt matter about gender and i dont think age should matter much. i had my first kiss in 1st grade and my first boyfriend when i was 10.
@blessonje (1652)
i think 15 is a good age
@mai720 (329)
16
Depends if they are just going to a movie maybe 14/15... on an alone date.. depends of it it's my sons or my daughter... my daughter isn't dating until she is 30 or older! LOL