What is your favourite Christmas story?

Smile! It's Christmastime! - 1993
United Kingdom
Mine is the very famous and much loved "A Christmas Carol" by Charles Dickens, the deeply moving story of a disappointed and wounded man Scrooge who recovers deep love within himself for humankind thanks to a series of nightmarish episodes that may or may not be dreams. What is your own favourite Christmas story?
Merry Christmas Carl.
My favorite is "A Christmas Story". It is one that makes me recall a more simple time in life. When being together as a family was important.
@deebomb (15323)
Christmas Shoes  - Christmas Shoes will bring a tear to your eye if you really listen to it.
A side from the story of Jesus Christ’s birth my favorite story is “The Christmas Shoes”. It is sang often on the radio. It get me every time I hear it. It was almost Christmas time, there I stood in another line Tryin' to buy that last gift or two, not really in the Christmas mood Standing right in front of me was a little boy waiting anxiously Pacing 'round like little boys do And in his hands he held a pair of shoes His clothes were worn and old, he was dirty from head to toe And when it came his time to pay I couldn't believe what I heard him say Chorus: Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time You see she's been sick for quite a while And I know these shoes would make her smile And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight He counted pennies for what seemed like years Then the cashier said, "Son, there's not enough here"He searched his pockets frantically Then he turned and he looked at me He said Mama made Christmas good at our house Though most years she just did without Tell me Sir, what am I going to do, Somehow I've got to buy her these Christmas shoes So I laid the money down, I just had to help him out I'll never forget the look on his face when he said Mama's gonna look so great Sir, I want to buy these shoes for my Mama, please It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size Could you hurry, sir, Daddy says there's not much time You see she's been sick for quite a while And I know these shoes would make her smile And I want her to look beautiful if Mama meets Jesus tonight Bridge:I knew I'd caught a glimpse of heaven's love As he thanked me and ran out I knew that God had sent that little boy To remind me just what Christmas is all about It was also made into a movie