How do you get ratings

How do you get high ratings? I am fairly new to this website. This website is a lot better then myspace website. I noticed that you can't do somethings unless you have a 500+ rating. How do I get a higher rating and how do I give others higher ratings?
@the_law (282)
• Sri Lanka
The best way to get a high rating is to make many responses to discussions. The number in brackets () next to your username is your rating. You will see that it will go up by one when you respond to a discussion. There are other ways like starting a discussion but the best way is just to respond to discussions.. hope that helps.
Thank you very much for the response. It did help me. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
@mythmoh (3994)
in order to have 500 as rating.,you have to reply a lot.if you reply to a discussion your rating will be increased.it wont take much time to reach the 500 landmark as so many people here live in mylot and do more than 100 of posting a day.but keep in mind that they should be your own replies and also it should be to the topic.
I appreciate your response. I hope I have time to post several comments on here. Have a great day.