Optimists are healthier than pessimists. Is that true?

I've heard that optimists are healthier than pessimists. Is that true? Research on this subject is fascinating and does suggest that positive thinking can enhance health. Pessimism has been linked to a higher risk of dying before age 65, while positive emotions - such as optimism - are associated with lowered production of the stress hormone cortisol, better immune function, and reduced risk of chronic diseases.
I would say that a happier person is healthier. And I think that being happy or unhappy plays into wether you're an optimist or a pessimist.
Thanks for the reply
@gifana (4838)
• Portugal
I am not an expert on the subject by any means. In my case I think it is true. I'm 71 years old and a fanatic optimist. When I retired 25 years go I lost over 3,000 hours of sick leave that I had accumulated over 25 years. I was operated on in 1981 since then (after the usual checkups over a couple of weeks) I have not seen a doctor nor have I had any analyses done with the exception of having my blood pressure checked a week ago. I have a few minor pains now and then but nothing to be concerned about. I only take medication for a migrane that I have very infrequently and an antibiotic for a cold or something. Other than that I pay little attention to my health as long as nothing comes up to make me think that I need medical attention. If my situation is because of the fact that I am an optimist then so be it.
Thanks for the reply