grandparents rights to visitation with grandchildren

my grandchildren are in the custody of the other grandparents. they will not let me have any visitation. please help me!!!!!!
@Polly1 (12648)
You have my sympathy, I have grandchilden that I don't get to see as often as I want. Have you tried to reason with the other grandparents? Are the kids old enough to use the phone and call, are they old enough to tell the other grandparents they want to see you. Have you checked on the laws where you live about grandparent rights? I would check into your rights and try to talk to the other grandparents. Maybe they could let you see the kids when they are around, then after a period of time, let you take the kids with you for a visit. Good luck and I hope you get to spend some time with the kids soon.
@emeraldisle (13145)
Sadly it does depend on where you live. I know some places have said Grandparents cannot get visitation rights. Sad but true. You need to consult with a lawyer and find out if you can sue them for visitation rights. They will know more then anyone if you have a shot at it. I wish you luck.
@SageMother (2277)
It sounds like you need to take them to court and have visitation orders set up. Unless you are dangerous to the grandkids' well being, you should be able to have reasonable visitation. You might even go so far as to sue for joint custody, so that you can curb the possibility that the other grandparents' will try to play games witht he visitation schedules.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Some states do have Grandparents right. Usually only thing you can do to force custody is to take them to court. There hsould be a family law office run by the government in your area (a lot of times this is connected to child support or family services) that can answer questions you have and go to court for you if needed. If you qualify they are free otherwise you may be charged a small fee.