Is it important to say I Love You

@inplano (298)
Being a wife I use these words often with my husband, however he doesnt seem to reciprocate as much. Why cant he say so the same to me as much.
absolutely it is important...but sometimes we men have issues with showing our true emotions...you should talk to your husband and let him know that it wouldnt hurt for him to tell you he loves you every now and then. everyone wants to know that they are loved it is a natural emotion
@srhelmer (6934)
• Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
I'm the exact opposite, I tell my wife more than she tells me. However, saying it isn't really enough, you need to show it. And, my guess is he does a lot of things to show it, you just need to look for them.
@asfi123 (955)
i totally agree wid u i guess u show him in small ways that u love him rather then tell him a billion times
Just because the words aren't used, doesn't me he doesn't love you. I try to tell my wife everyday that I love her but she knows. If I were to say nothing to her she'd know because I show her everyday. The fact that I go to a job I don't like very much every day says just that. I do it to support my family and because I love them. Many other reasons of course, but it "is" nice to be reminded verbally from time to time :)
@daqn4etoo (136)
• Bulgaria
I think that this is important to say "I love yo" :) Becouse every people need to know that somebody love him :)
@aizavel (558)
I think they are all right, men are not as expressive as women so they are shy to tell the L word even if they feel it I dont know why though.
hey...nice question there...but i think it is not so important to say it as it is to express it...i mean actions speak louder than words....u know...if u are sure from his actions that he loves you too then there is no big need for him to say that...there are some people who are just too shy to say that...maybe thats why he does not say it to you that often...
@freesoul (3024)
• Egypt
It must be shown in the way he cares for you and do things for the benefit of the family, men are usually uneasy about expressing their feelings, some even consider it as weakness but as long as he shows that he loves you, you shouldn't make an issue of it.
@ndraj_2006 (1422)
I guess he is getting understanded how much you are loving him. you should make him understand. Tell him that Indirectly that what you are expecting. Tell him that how much you love him. Dont get dissapointed reading my next words. but, it will sure help you. tell Him that you are feeling like selfish. he will sure ask you why. tell him that you are thinking these days that he should love only you & only you. this change is fearing you that it is making you selfish. tell him that you have getting the love more than your parents loved you. Finally Hold his hand & tell him you like to hear he saying I Love You to you. tell him only that words makes you happy & feels like heaven to you.
It is very important I think. My husband and I say it when ever one leaves, after evry phone call, at night before bed. It just comes out. We don't plan it or anything but I am glad my children get to see being affectionate is good.