dogs and chocolate

December 26, 2006 8:06pm CST
ive just come home from a night out and my dog has eaten a bar of chocolate i got for christmas. im really worried... i heard chocolate can kill dogs. what shall i do ?
1 person likes this
5 responses
@Rapture (84)
• United States
27 Dec 06
hows your doggie doing?
27 Dec 06
hes fine now! was running around like a lunatic this morning...prob from all the sugar..lol.
@Rapture (84)
• United States
27 Dec 06
What kind of chocolate? There are lots of kinds of chocolates that are not at all harmful to dogs. Then again there are lots that are. Call an emergency animal shelter with that empty box of chocolates in hand, they should be able to tell you if it was the bad kind of chocolate for dogs. The theobromine content in the chocolate is what matters If the dog is vomiting or acting strange in any way, dont hesitate to call in
27 Dec 06
it was a liquer chocolate. i thinks hes ok ..not acting that strange...he was running around alot before but calmed down alot.
@birthlady (5613)
• United States
27 Dec 06
Take your dog to an animal hospital emergency room. Call first and let them know you're coming in. Do it now.
27 Dec 06
really ? do u think i could wait till the morning ? its 2am now.
@UPLANA (3160)
• India
28 Dec 06
i don"t think it"s right!u should consult a pet physician about it!
@jules99 (20)
27 Dec 06
See if you can find a 24hr helpline and they should be able to tell you what to do. Only some chocolates are harmful to dogs so hopefully your dog should be fine.