Former President Gerald Ford Dead at 93

@ptk2k5 (127)
Former US president Gerald Ford has been announced dead. He was 93. Ford came to a scandal-ridden White House as a clean-up man. He was chosen by the scandalous Richard Nixon to replace vice-president Spirow Agnew, who was known to have a few scandals of his own. Upon taking the oath of office Ford was quoted as saying "My fellow Americans, our long, national nightmare is over." Despite his initial words in response to betrayal Americans felt from their leaders, Ford decided to pardon Richard Nixon. Many Americans were upset by this move, but Ford felt it would do well to allow the nation to move on.
Gerald Ford certainly had his work cut out for him when he became President. That was a very difficult time for America. May he rest in peace.
He had also hoped to be president for longer than 2 1/2 yrs, but in 1976 Jimmy Carter (also a one time president, but served 4 yrs) won in the elections. Only four years later to loose to Ronald Reagan, as hostages plageued the Carter administration. (since we are talking history of presidents) I do think, Gerald Ford, is probably one of the more kinder presidents. It's great to see someone live to reach that age. I hope he didn't suffer.