Do you think people are losing the real meaning of religion

@tambdy (1969)
As the question says i see many people who these days choose to ignore there religion, do not pray & take more a radical look at religion. I feel that this is the reason why the world is so devided but how could we put this right. Anyone else see this or is it just me.
@shi_2000_21 (2681)
I would like to quote some verses from Bhagwad Gita MIND IS THE BEST FRIEND AS WELL AS THE WORST ENEMY One must elevate ¾ and not degrade ¾ oneself by one’s own mind. The mind alone is one’s friend as well as one’s enemy. The mind is the friend of those who have control over it, and the mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it. (6.05-06) One who has control over the lower self ¾ the mind and senses ¾ is tranquil in heat and cold, in pleasure and pain, and in honor and dishonor, and remains ever steadfast with the supreme Self. (6.07) A person is called yogi who has both Self-knowledge and Self-realization, who is equanimous, who has control over the mind and senses, and to whom a clod, a stone, and gold are the same. (6.08) A person is considered superior who is impartial towards companions, friends, enemies, neutrals, arbiters, haters, relatives, saints, and sinners. (6.09)
@tambdy (1969)
Confused me a bit but thanks for the reply.
I understand the real meaning of religion and I don't care for it. Religion to me is lighting candles, memorizing prayers and doing physical works. None of those will get us to heaven. For me it's more important to have a personal relationship so I can speak to God any time, any place even if I become paralyzed and can't make the sign of the cross, my prayer will still be heard.
@tambdy (1969)
Thanks for the reply.
My answer is this. There are two ways to to worship God only. One way is to follow man made rules on how to worship him. Rules of all kinds, different from other religions. Each person thinking theirs is the right religion, because they are comfortable with it. The second way is not religion, but faith. Having a personal relationship with God. Letting Him live within us. That way, the love of God would be there, and more people would love, not hate.
@tambdy (1969)
Good reply
@aizavel (558)
Actaually religion itslef divides us because of these differents beliefs we have differentvieew of how life is but it' okay... i suppose if tehre aare no divions aevrything would seem to be perfect to be true...