Animal Allergies

Being allergic to animals is a tough endeavor, and frequently has to be treated with drugs. I was wondering... has anyone had experiences doing something or trying something that helped with the allergies, but didn't involve taking any prescriptions or medicines? Are there any natural supplements or solutions that have worked for you?
Usauly it is the dander that people are alergic too not the hair it's self .If you can bath the animal more that helps also brushing it does as well .there is products that say they reduce sheding I have never really heard of any of them working . I also don't know of any naturel products you can take .
@sunita64 (6474)
Thank god I am not allergic to animals as at times I have to work on some experimental animal models. There was one friend of mine she was allergic, so whenever she did any experiment she used to wear mask.
Yeah in your line of work, it sounds like it would be pretty difficult for you if you were allergic!
i am allergic to dogs
That's good to know... so what do you do about it?
@kareng (7985)
Have you tried an air purifier? Or ionizer? What are the symptoms? Hives, watery eyes, headaces???
Sneezing, watery eyes, itches.
@lisado (1230)
I'm allergic but I am on Zyrtec now. It actually helped until I gave birth to my son. Somehow, after I had him, I ended up VERY allergic to my dog and had to find another home for him. Nothing we did (he was a Golden Retriever)made a difference. I couldn't even be in the same room with him. We had to keep him in the attached garage until we found another home for him. I ended up living on Benadryl, in addition to Zyrtec and Singular, until we found a home for him. Regular baths, brushing and even a haircut (took his coat down to 1/4" thick during the summer) and nothing worked. :( It broke my heart to find a home for him, but I didn't have a choice. I do know that some dogs, and even cats, are more allergery causing that others. Some breeds, like poodles, tend to cause less issues than a Husky, Chow or some other longer, thicker haired dog. Not sure what else to tell you. :(
@wmg2006 (5386)
Depending on exactly what you are allergic to there are a lot of remedies. If you have asthma get a chihuahua, they will pull the asthma away from you and take it to their own bodies (interesting eh?). If it is cats, you can get a light haired colored cat. This study was released in 2000, the dark colored ones cause the most allergies. This site will help you with others ways to cure your allergies the natural way. http://www.quickallergyrelief.com/allergy-treatment.html